How many points for getting the Lunch time drunk.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    There is one less drunk on the roads today......how many points do I get?

Today at lunch, I ran into a drunk shopping at the store. He was behind me in line to get some stuff. The odor was strong with him!

There was only one other vehicle in the lot, so I called it in and told dispatch. Gave the usual stuff. He walks by and I told him he should not be driving. He says FU and something else.

As he leaves the lot, he almost drives on the curb and then almost causes a 4 car accident. Dispatch says they have cars on the way. I tell them the direction he is going. I leave a few minutes later, and see the police with him pulled over and checking him out.

I've lost two friends to drunk drivers and can't stand the stupidity.

INLIKEFLYNN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Speedway
    I have always wondered if anyone else does this. I work in retail, and have a lot of face to face time with customers. When my customers are so intoxicated that I fell like I am getting a buzz just from conversation, I am always inclined to report them. I have never lost anyone to drunk driving, but I always think it is better for everyone to keep them off the road. I have questioned myself multiple time as to wether it is my duty to report them, but I figure if they are stupid enough to be driving drunk, then it is their fault, not mine. Thanks for helping the cause. Hopefully more will follow.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have always wondered if anyone else does this. I work in retail, and have a lot of face to face time with customers. When my customers are so intoxicated that I fell like I am getting a buzz just from conversation, I am always inclined to report them. I have never lost anyone to drunk driving, but I always think it is better for everyone to keep them off the road. I have questioned myself multiple time as to wether it is my duty to report them, but I figure if they are stupid enough to be driving drunk, then it is their fault, not mine. Thanks for helping the cause. Hopefully more will follow.

I was 19 years old and a newly minted EMT. One of my first runs was a mother and 5 year old child who had been hit head on by a drunk at very high speed. They were killed instantly. He walked away with little more than seatbelt bruising and a few minor cuts. His story was that some motorcyclist had pissed him off and he was passing a line of traffic so he could "teach that guy a lesson". It was his third conviction. He got 8 years, served 2.5. The father of that little family got to live with the fact that he came home that night from work to having lost his family.

By all means, report them if you see them.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I was 19 years old and a newly minted EMT. One of my first runs was a mother and 5 year old child who had been hit head on by a drunk at very high speed. They were killed instantly. He walked away with little more than seatbelt bruising and a few minor cuts. His story was that some motorcyclist had pissed him off and he was passing a line of traffic so he could "teach that guy a lesson". It was his third conviction. He got 8 years, served 2.5. The father of that little family got to live with the fact that he came home that night from work to having lost his family.

Wow, that is a sad story. I can't imagine what else you have seen. None of it makes it worth jeopardizing innocent people. My thought from your story would be my 30 year old wife who is the mother of my 2 daughters. It's hard enough coming home after a full day of work, but that would be unthinkable.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Damn, this made me sick to read(I have a 6 year old I thought of while reading it).

Why is it that more often than not the drunk walks away fine and the victims die or are critically injured?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Why is it that more often than not the drunk walks away fine and the victims die or are critically injured?

Because those who are impaired are generally more physically relaxed... or so I've heard that espoused as the reason.

-J-

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Spent some time working in trauma ICUs. The good guy is ALWAYS worse off than the drunks. I give 1,867 points and some rep. Way to take responsibility! Most people would have just shaken their heads and said "I told you so," when the guy kills someone.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There is one less drunk on the roads today......how many points do I get?

Today at lunch, I ran into a drunk shopping at the store. He was behind me in line to get some stuff. The odor was strong with him!

There was only one other vehicle in the lot, so I called it in and told dispatch. Gave the usual stuff. He walks by and I told him he should not be driving. He says FU and something else.

As he leaves the lot, he almost drives on the curb and then almost causes a 4 car accident. Dispatch says they have cars on the way. I tell them the direction he is going. I leave a few minutes later, and see the police with him pulled over and checking him out.

I've lost two friends to drunk drivers and can't stand the stupidity.

Great job! :yesway::yesway:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Damn, this made me sick to read(I have a 6 year old I thought of while reading it).

In this case it was because the entire front end of the vehicle from the firewall forward was ripped from the car and thrown a couple hundred feet and thus absorbing most of the energy.

I don't have stats on it, but any time the drunk walks away while innocent people are hurt is too many times.

I drive by the spot a couple of times a week and even now 22 years later there is a well tended memorial. I don't know if it is the husband or the parents or other family. I do know from a LE friend who was there that day that the drunk still has a driver's license.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    This happened around 1972 about 1,000 feet from my home when I was a kid. I still picture it to this day. The smells, sounds and sights.

Dad and I were cuttinig grass or doing yard work. We heard a skid, crash and other loud sounds.

A drunk had hit a station wagon at high speed on 4 lane road. We both went over to help, as the drunk was falling out of the car. He was bashed, cut and hurt, but he was able to walk.

The entire family of the car, including the dog were dead. It was either 6 or 7 people. Mom, Dad and the kids, plus the dog and the Mom's parents were gone in a flash.

I don't like drunks who drive.........

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This thread is really depressing.

To say we need harsher drunk driving penalties is a huge understatement...Why does a drunk have to kill someone innocent before actually being punished?

How are there people out there with 3+ DUIs and still have a freaking DL?

Top Bottom