How many here have an American flag displayed at home?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Recently I installed an American flag on the house above the Garage door and walked out to the street to take a look at it. I then looked up and down the block and realized, I'm the only shlub on the block with a flag displayed. It got me to thinking with the somewhat patriot mindset we have here on this forum, how many of you out there in Indiana land also have a flag on the house or a pole for that matter...??? :patriot:

Scott

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I usually display a flag, but with all the bad weather, mine got kind of shabby looking. I took it down and I hate to admit it, I haven't purchased a replacement. My next door neighbor is retired Air Force and displays his 24/7.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I had one flying last year, but one day the wind completely bent the mounting bracket and I've yet to fix it...

Maybe, if I put it back up, I'll fly it upside down.:dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have 1 on display. Its in a presentation case.

It was draped over my father's casket when he was buried. He was an Eastern European immigrant who fled Czechoslovakia during World War II as Stalin was moving west and Hitler was moving east, volunteered to fight for the US and fought in the Pacific Theater in the US Navy and was on the USS Mullaney, which was hit several times but never sunk.

That flag display is up every day, all year in the center of the bookcase so everyone can see it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We fly one at our house from spring thru fall. In the winter, we take it down and replace it with a "seasonal" flag of some sort, to save wear and tear on Old Glory. Need to replace the pole and flag this year.

We put ours up as soon as we moved into the house, 6 years ago now. Since then, 4-5 other houses on our court have followed suit. :patriot:

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I am renting and cannot put a flagpole up, however we have a doormat that says "Proud American's Live Here" and when you walk in you can see Old Glory in the Corner above our TV and have a USMC flag above my bed!

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    We normally have one up, however it was damaged in our house fire and I have not yet replaced it. I need to get on that.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    We have a flagpole at the end of the street that I maintain, so everybody that drives by gets to see that one..

We have two flagpoles on property :)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's been years since I've flown the standard American flag.

I do fly a Gadsden Flag on appropriate days. April 15th, April 19th (the REAL Patriots day), Independence Day ect. ect.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I fly the US Colors, over the USMC Colors 24/7, on a 25' flagpole, and have done so since 1970. :patriot:

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    I fly the National Ensign when the weather's nice, oftentimes with the Marine Corps colors.

I have a nylon Storm and a nylon Garrison flag, and the cotton 48-star flag (HUGE) which was draped on my grandfather's (WW2 Navy SeaBee) casket...which I fly only on special occasions.

Lately, though, I've just been flying the Navy Jack (which I bought right after 9/11/2001) because I'm pissed.

us1jack.GIF

Last edited:

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    I stopped flying Old Glory when GWB started all his Patriot Act and REAL ID nonsense. I knew then that the America I grew up to love had died.

Right now, we are flying the Indiana State flag, since my Gadsden and Navy Jack have gotten pretty ratty over the years. I consider myself a citizen of the sovereign State of Indiana, and not beholden to the poser who has usurped the White House.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Nothing will make me ever stop flying Old Glory... except for right now because she's worn and torn.

I took her down and will be shopping for a replacement this week.

She will be retired in the proper manner by the local Scout troop.

Top Bottom