• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many guns in your household? (combined hand & longarms)

• Total voters

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have one of those and a couple of these and some of them.... oh wait... there are a few of the others too! Not sure I suppose. It's always in flux. :dunno:

PhantomJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    <----------Boating accident victim. Very tragic all guns lost. I think Lake Michigan must love guns. Maybe it's all the dead Chicago gansters and political disdents?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

At the time of this post there are 143 responses.

It is a funny graph.

If you look at it, it goes up, then slowly down, then up again at the very end.

There are only seven (7) folks who own 31 - 49 guns. The "Over 50" guns skyrockets to 18. This is more than double the previous category.

This tell me that collecting guns is like an life insurance actuarial table. By life insurance statistics if you make it to 50 years old you are almost guaranteed 65.

By our poll if you can get over that magick hump of 31 guns you are almost certain to wind up with well over 50 guns in the end.

So now I have something to look forward to: If I can only make 31 guns I'll wind up with hundreds.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.... :D

Doug

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I was halfway there, but I too, like so many others, lost all of them in a tragic boating accident.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here; maybe we should stay out of boats?

Charles Church

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Andrews, IN
    Well, I have 13 guns in my house, I SHALL LIST THEM(For your information pleasure!)!!!: M1 Garand(Dads), Yugoslavian M48A 8mm Mauser, Mosin Nagant M44, Chinese SKS, Romanian WASR-10 AK-47, Colt M1911A1, Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G Shotgun(Dads), Mossberg 12G Shotgun(Dont know model, its dads!), Harrington & Richardson Break-Action 20G Shotgun, Ruger 10/22(Dads), Marlin Semi-Auto .22, Marlin Bolt-Action .22, and a B&S .20 Air Rilfe(I know its not an actual gun, but hey, its fun to screw around with! And, more then the 10 pumps, that things KICKS ASS!). I also have a video on youtube of my collection, YouTube - My Gun Collection Video!

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    I was halfway there, but I too, like so many others, lost all of them in a tragic boating accident.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here; maybe we should stay out of boats?

Yeah I'm beginning to think that gun owners have no business around water... It must be all the extra weight we put on the boats when we hit the water.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    LOL!! Man, what's up with everyone and their shotty boating skills lately!?
    Well just before Obama got into office I happened to take my gun collection out on Lake Michigan for a sightseeing cruise. Sadly the boat became unstable and all the guns fell into the lake. Sadder still it was a deep part of the lake. I cried for days, but at least I am free of the burden of regulation and no longer will have to register my guns under proposed laws like HR 45 and other schemes these Democrats can cook up that will ultimately lead to confiscation. Others here were out on the same lake within days of my boating accident, they also lost their guns in similar accidents. And so it goes, we are now disarmed sheeple, exactly like Obama/Pelosi/Reid/Holder would like us to be.

Hey, I wonder if they will pass a law to require us to take our guns on boats :dunno: Doing so obviously achieves the disarmament results they are hoping to achieve :rolleyes:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The truth is that I estimated ;) - my dream collection (emphasis on dream) in lieu of counting sheep on those restless nights. Gotta stop eating that late night extra pepperoni pizza

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Another poll

I was thinking about another poll on how many gun safes do you have but that's misleading. All the gun safe ratings assume your long guns will not have scopes. WRONG! Long guns around here either have scopes or will have scopes...................uh, that was when there were guns around here......before I ran my boat into the Lake Erie ore carrier and lost several..........and then went blind and couldn't shoot............ and gave the rest to poor folks to turn in for a rose and a gift card. I think those are tax deductible this year, aren't they. :dunno:

Charles Church

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Andrews, IN
    it might be spainy79! I have to look at it(It's pretty much the only one of my dads rifles he hasnt given me yet! He gave me the SKS as a graduation present last year when I got out of high school! The M1 is still his, and so is are the 2 12G Shotguns, and the Ruger 10/22, but, i get to use them all pretty much when ever i want! Now, all that needs to happen is, ammo prices go down wo what they were this time last year, and ill be happy, so i can stock up!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I aint skeered:

Springfield Armory XD40
    Kel-tec P11 9mm
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    .45 cal muzzleloader pistol
    .410 shotgun (don't remember model)
    12 ga shotgun (really old - don't know model)
    Ruger 10/22
    WASR-10 AK47
    Rock River Arms AR-15
    2 - .50 cal muzzleloader rifles - T/C Omega's
    .50 cal muzzleloader - T/C Hawken (Its purdy :D)

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Here are mine!

Pistols:
    Sig 226 9mm
    Sig 220 Sport (this is VERY nice)
    Sig X-5 (This is even nicer)
    Glock 23C
    Glock 21C
    Walther P22

Old Rifles:
    (2) M1 Garand
    K98
    SVT-40
    Enfield
    1903-A3

New(er) rifles:
    Bushmaster AR-15 .223
    10/22
    11-87 12ga
    Savage 10FP .308
    M1A Standard
    M1A Loaded
    AR-10T
    SKS

And I'm only 24! I plan to make a "gun room" in the new house. I don't think a safe will cut it at the rate I am going.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I have .... Oh, no - my wife won't let me have a gun in the house!! The ones I did have were lost in the boating accident - while deep sea fishing.

Top Bottom