• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many guns in your household? (combined hand & longarms)

• Total voters

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have posted these before,to bad I have sold all of them to pay for a new boat(last one sank with the rest of my guns).
    2a65rhf.jpg

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Boating accident, for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to take all my guns out on a boat... Hey don't judge fish get vicious this time of year....

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have ONE gun.

I own several rifles!

If you want to know the difference I'll slam your gun in a car door and your rifle in a car door. You WILL feel the difference (at least that's what Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Moore told me!:D)

Doug

PS - Semper Fi

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    if i count i sell.if i count i lose.if i lose i buy.cant get a job cause i aint got a car,cant get a car cause i aint got a gun.alice cooper.marlin 39 carbine,win. 94 30-30,sks,ruger 1022,54 sporter,rem. 788 223 camo,traditions pursuit,austin & halleck 420,french 12 ga. pump,win. 37 still board,mossburg 500,3 mod. 48 rws-2-22-1-177.the rest went south for the winter
    084.jpg

Last edited:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    ???

I don't know should be an answer....

I did a mental count, and when I checked, I found more. So I did another mental check, found the knife I was missing and two more Glocks.

I will repeat in the morning and see if more guns show up.

Oh yeah, I have to check the vehicles, there are trunk guns, and the shed for the fall back gun.

The ones at my other place don't count-right?

Do the ones on order count? or do you have to have them?

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    This is my rifle (holding his M16 over his head) and this is my gun (grabbing crotch), this is for shooting (M16 over his head) and this ones for fun (crotch grab again)!!!

Ah, its been 23 years and I can still see Pvt. Travers running in circles while singing that cadence and I still laugh..... he kept calling Uncle Sams M16 a gun....

And I did vote also....

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    And I actually have a Marlin .22 and a Stevens 20 ga. at the bottom of the White River just north of the 116th St. bridge. Been keepin em there for over 30 years.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Nice thread..... But I dont know what your talking about. Guns? I dont have any guns. Why would I need a gun? I have a neat cell phone that plays an mp3 while I call the cops and they will come and save me. Before any armed bad guy can do me harm. And if the cop dosent make it in time then.... Obama will show up on a magic dragon (Hillary Clinton) and save me.

(wakes up) HuH? I had the sickning nightmare!.! I was a sheeple. And I had no rights. It was scary. But its OK I have my guns and my rights still. And I think im going to Join the NRA. :)

And if the time comes I will have extra guns to lend other men and wemen who believe in freedom defend themselves in a time of great need. God Bless America!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    At the time I am posting this there were 114 people who responded to the poll. I decided to take a rough tally of the total number of guns owned by those 114 people.

Since each of the replies was imprecise, and only allowed for a 'range' of owned guns between 2 numbers I figured the best thing to do would be to take a simple average.

We know 4 people only own 1 gun each. Beyond that, all other replies must be averages of the range in the poll.

So here is what I got:
    1 gun = 4 guns
    2 to 4 averages to 3, based on 14 replies that = 42 guns
    Using the same method as above,
    5 to 9 = 189 guns
    10 to 14 = 240 guns
    15 to 19 = 272 guns
    20 to 29 = 350 guns
    30 to 49 = 200 guns
    50+ could not be 'averaged' so I used the value of 50 and came up with 700

All total, of the 114 replies, there were approximately 1997 guns owned.

That means the "average" INGO member who responded prior to my tally owns 17 guns, clearly we have some members who are slackers and are 'below' average for this group. They need to buy more guns to pull their weight around here!

Sadly this number is somewhat above the national average so we are not really representative of the nation. Consequently I believe we need to work harder to bring up the nations average. Best way to do that is to encourage your friends, neighbors, church members, and co-workers to buy guns. :patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom