• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you a cancer survivor? (really just looking for Yes votes for a count)

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It is pretty rare for anyone to avoid getting cancer these days. My guess is it is from the G**-awful foods we all eat, and the toxic childhood-injections we give our kids, and the annual poison-booster-shots we get talked into taking.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    It is pretty rare for anyone to avoid getting cancer these days. My guess is it is become the G**-awful foods we all eat, and the toxic childhood-injections we give our kids, and the annual poison-booster-shots we get talked into taking.

and maybe all the electronics that have small radioactive signatures.

Or the night sights on guns? :dunno:

Can leave all that out. I'm not really looking for a discussion of the how its caused, more just curious of the who.
    :ingo:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I voted, posting now, I'm a survivor and I have never smoked anything or used any type of oral nicotine products in my life.

They couldn't tell me exactly what it was that caused my cancer but they think it was either the coolant in the machine shop I was working in 6 months prior or maybe asbestos in one of the houses I was working on in the position I held when I was diagnosed.

Regardless, unless you live in a bubble ingesting nothing but intravenous nutrient you have a chance to get cancer.

Rambone, I urge you to stop looking for something or someone to blame, it doesn't help in the long run. I'm speaking from experience here when I say the only way to be happy after a loved one has a hard time with or passes from cancer is to dwell on the positive moments you shared and remind other loved ones of the time you all shared with the cancer victim.

Unfortunately my wife and I have lost her Father, my Grandfather and my Father this year, one to cancer at 62, one to natural causes at 84 and one to complications from NASH at 54. The only way we've found to be happy is to cherish their memories, speak of them often and plan on sharing who they were to our son who was born the day after I burried BOTH my FIL and my Grandfather. My Grandfather was a WWII veteran who did 3 years in Europe and saw time on the front lines, my Father in law was a 3 tour Vietnam veteran who saw a LOT of combat and my Father was the caring person who facilitated every single activity that held our family together on my side of the tree.

Good luck in dealing with your grief Rambone.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I'm a survivor, so far. I have a long way to go. I feel like I talk about this topic more than I should. I refuse to let it become a part of my identity that I flaunt because I neither want people to feel sorry for me nor do I want them to pity me. I was on the forum for a while and kept the cancer cards close to my chest before talking about it a whole lot. A few people who got to know me in the Nightshift Chat knew because they got to know me and therefore earned the privilege of knowing and it came up in day to day topics.

I've had 25 radiation treatments... 3 radiation tattoos, 2 rounds of chemo. One oral and one round of IV infusions. I've had major 2 surgeries.

The only question I've ever found offensive was either the one not asked or the few who were skeptical whom I over heard talking about how "odd" it was that I never lost my hair or that I had a giant beard at the time. I chalked it up to ignorance, first and then went through a cycle of being pretty pissed and hurt that someone would say that because ultimately it was a question of my integrity. Rather than drawing out conclusions or letting those people know I overheard them. I was too weak to punch them in the nose like they deserved. As Jack Ryan says, I did learn a free lesson about those people that day. I forgave them as G-d has forgiven me for all the things I've done to others but I've not forgotten it either. I will eventually.

To date, the cause of my cancer is unknown. I am a part of several case studies and signed consent forms at Clarian. Several doctors had an ontological panel discussing my specific case that the radiologist shared with me. Their conclusion was a collective shrug and they all but insisted I take an HIV test. Assuring them I didn't have HIV or aids and explaining to them it was not POSSIBLE, I asked them if THEY would pay for it. Not the best thing to do but I took it to placate their demands and of course it came back negative.

I've been asked to take a genetic test to see if my cancer is (was) genetic but I don't see the need. The test is expensive, it is not covered by insurance and all it could possibly tell me at this point in my life is that I had cancer due to poor/mutative genetics. Cancer does not run in my family with the exception of my materal Grandfather who died in his 80s from lung cancer. He also smoked about 70+ literal years.

I was not a user of illicit drugs.
    I drank moderate amounts of alcohol on irregular occasions.
    I smoked hookah and cigars infrequently. I've had 2 smokes since being diagnosed with Cancer in January of 2009.

I've typed too much already. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer them. I have no desire to turn this into a religious discussion but I am robbing the story of me if I fail to mention it without the faith aspects I experienced. I did not see the Virgin Mary in toast, I was never visited by spiritual entities, and I did not hear an audible sound of the FSM. I did experience prayers, support and invested time from people who I thought were strangers. In tandem with my wife, the faith aspect of my life manifested by friends, family and strangers kept me going when all I wanted to do was stay home and sleep. Even INGO'ers took the time to pray for me without ever having met me. A few I did meet sent me the occasional PM with words of encouragement, met me at breakfast or offered to bring me food. You know who you are. I thank you for it and I will always be in debit to your kindness. You brought the kingdom of heaven to a reality on earth. Conceptually and actually.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With all due respect, if someone is not a cancer survivor, how can they respond? After all, if they died from the cancer, hence not a survivor, they can't respond!

Unfortunately I can respond, but for the person who did not survive the cancer. I lost my wife to a drug that was supposed to cure the cancer. My wife not only still had no hope cancer at her passing, but her passing could be directly attributed the great drug adriamycin, also know in medical circles as "the red death". Not only does it go after cancer cells, but adriamycin causes congestive heart failure.

Death by adriamycin toxicity, causing congestive heart failure, while trying to cure breast cancer.

I can't figure why that drug hasn't been banned as it has killed many people.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I am also a cancer survivor, diagnose at the ripe old age of 27. Went through both the chemo and radiation. I turned 38 on 9-18. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are going through or have gone through similar circumstances.

Top Bottom