How long have you gone without a shower or bath?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How long have you gone without a shower or bath?

• Total voters

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I have gone about 10 days or so with no more than a sponge bath while hiking when I was younger. Otherwise I bathe every morning when I get up. Not only do I feel better when I am clean but to me a shower is like what coffee is to most people, it clears my head, wakes me up and gets me moving. Same deal with brushing my teeth. I cant stand to go without brushing my teeth, thats probably about 2X as important than a shower to me.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Translation: BOR is a metrosexual. :laugh:

Nope, and I can say from going on 20 years experience, HE's; Handsome, Sexy, Desirable, Lovable, Cause for Bone Jumping at a moments notice, worthy of loosing sleep over, fun, playful, adventurous, CLEAN, fantastic smelling, and MORE of a man than any other I've ever met! And he's ALL mine!!! Eat your heart out ladies, I've got the BEST MAN on the planet, and I know it! :rockwoot:And occasionally....just to add to the zest....he smells like freshly cooked BACON! YUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

While I wouldn't risk a traffic infraction from him.....I'd sure as H*** fake needing some good ol Mouth to Mouth! He can start my Heart to pumping just by entering the room!

7th Stepper

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I've gone a month or more. Yuck!! Training at NTC in the Mohave Desert.
    Course this was after the Kevlar helmet started being issued. So I packed a bunch of Unscented baby wipes and used them to keep reasonably clean.
    I miss the steel pots!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I was on a coast to coast bicycle ride 2,600 miles in 27 days. You can get about 800 miles out of a shower if you supplement with rainwater, and a hand dryer in a public restroom. As you near the 800mi. mark it is important to keep moving, and not zip your sleeping bag all the way up at night.
    I don't think I ever wore those gloves again.
    Gloves? What about your bike shorts? When I was biking in Europe I had to wash mine every day or I would get the most horrendous saddle sores.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Gloves? What about your bike shorts? When I was biking in Europe I had to wash mine every day or I would get the most horrendous saddle sores.

I took several pair of Performance Elite bib shorts, and chamois butter. They got a good scrubbin whenever enough water was available. You are right you always need to look out for your bottom dollar.

RobF82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Rossville IN
    5 days at Boy Scout camp. I was more worried about getting something from the nasty showers than I was from my own stink. We also were in a heavily chlorinated pool twice a day. If it came down to though I could go longer but no reason to do that while the lights are still on

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...And occasionally....just to add to the zest....he smells like freshly cooked BACON! YUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

Just to clarify... I have never added bacon to the Zest.

PGC31000.jpg

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have gone a week multiple times while on backpacking trips, and when I get the chance I am glad to have a shower. I usually shower once a day though.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I've gon about a week-ish a few times. I was in the hospital. I just went hunting for 2 days and we don't have running water or anything(150+ yo farmhouse) and I felt filthy. I couldn't wait to get a shower when I got home tonight.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Just to clarify... I have never added bacon to the Zest.

PGC31000.jpg

Not your soap silly man! It's after we've done a joint effort while making supper. YOU cook up the Bacon, while I get all the fixins ready. In case you didn't realize it, that wonderful aroma lingers for a couple of hours after we've eaten the BST's that ATM got the recipe for. WHY do you think I get so cuddly after we've had a couple of those for supper? Hmmmm? Altho I do have to say that you're "Zestfully clean" after your shower! I think there was a jingle on one of the commercials about that a while ago. Actually, I think it was a LONG while ago! :D But still, either way, you smell terrific, one way or t'other! Now when we've had garlic.......I think I'll just leave that one alone....it's my fault anyway.....I get carried away when using garlic in my cooking and I really can't think of a meal that doesn't require a bit of garlic in it. Everything tastes better with BACON, ever had Garlic flavored Bacon? One might even say that "That's food for thought!" Sorry....I just couldn't resist! :): :): :):

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nope, and I can say from going on 20 years experience, HE's; Handsome, Sexy, Desirable, Lovable, Cause for Bone Jumping at a moments notice, worthy of loosing sleep over, fun, playful, adventurous, CLEAN, fantastic smelling, and MORE of a man than any other I've ever met! And he's ALL mine!!! Eat your heart out ladies, I've got the BEST MAN on the planet, and I know it! :rockwoot:And occasionally....just to add to the zest....he smells like freshly cooked BACON! YUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!!

While I wouldn't risk a traffic infraction from him.....I'd sure as H*** fake needing some good ol Mouth to Mouth! He can start my Heart to pumping just by entering the room!

7th Stepper

Not your soap silly man! It's after we've done a joint effort while making supper. YOU cook up the Bacon, while I get all the fixins ready. In case you didn't realize it, that wonderful aroma lingers for a couple of hours after we've eaten the BST's that ATM got the recipe for. WHY do you think I get so cuddly after we've had a couple of those for supper? Hmmmm? Altho I do have to say that you're "Zestfully clean" after your shower! I think there was a jingle on one of the commercials about that a while ago. Actually, I think it was a LONG while ago! :D But still, either way, you smell terrific, one way or t'other! Now when we've had garlic.......I think I'll just leave that one alone....it's my fault anyway.....I get carried away when using garlic in my cooking and I really can't think of a meal that doesn't require a bit of garlic in it. Everything tastes better with BACON, ever had Garlic flavored Bacon? One might even say that "That's food for thought!" Sorry....I just couldn't resist! :): :): :):
    Rent a room!!!

:D

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    You want CONUS bath-time, or EYE-CORE on S&D?

Went on patrol for 33 days in 'Nam, but we did find a stream now and then. Toilet paper was much more important than soap. We never took off our fatigues.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    17 days or so in the beautiful Iraqi summer. Was locked down in a small building in the middle of Baghdad unable to go outside unless it was movement time. Stuck with approximately 70 other men, my olfactory receptors became non-functional.

Top Bottom