• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    also Just walking around with it visible you will get offers. I bought a gun a the 1500 and just walking out from the table I got stopped several times asking if I was willing to sell it.

talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    I've seen a dowel rod with a sign inserted into rifles before. It makes them more visible while walking though the crowd.

Just make sure if you do this you print clearly what you have.....Trust me! If not you will get bombarded with people wanting to stop you just to read your sign and not purchase anything. I have found that white card stock and a thick sharpie work great.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Also put on the sign if you can take a credit card. I've done that many times and sold the stuff really quickly.

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    I've had good luck in the past with the dowel-rod/cardboard "flag" sign down the barrel, hopefully you won't "bean" too many people in the head with your sign before you make your sale LOL. I've been to Mardi Gras 5 times, and I don't need anything bad enough to fight the crowd for this one.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Try not to sell to a dealer at the 1500. They will hound you relentlessly but they also will always try to screw you. This time of year, a good way to tell a dealer is they won't be wearing a coat. Just firmly tell them you're not interested in selling to them and then completely ignore them after that. A big sign on your back (easy to make...put a string through 2 holes and tie 2 knots. Put the string around your neck) is effective. NEVER process a credit card. Cash only. Today's credit card sale is tomorrow's credit card chargeback. Don't do it.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    also Just walking around with it visible you will get offers. I bought a gun a the 1500 and just walking out from the table I got stopped several times asking if I was willing to sell it.

Very similar experience to this.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Try not to sell to a dealer at the 1500. They will hound you relentlessly but they also will always try to screw you. This time of year, a good way to tell a dealer is they won't be wearing a coat. Just firmly tell them you're not interested in selling to them and then completely ignore them after that. A big sign on your back (easy to make...put a string through 2 holes and tie 2 knots. Put the string around your neck) is effective. NEVER process a credit card. Cash only. Today's credit card sale is tomorrow's credit card chargeback. Don't do it.

Thanks for the reminder. something to think about.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    What do you use to take cards...paypal etc? I never thought about doing that.
    I use Square. It's free to sign up and they'll send you the card reader for free. You can also buy a card reader at Wal-mart for $10 and they give you a code to put in to get your $10 back. I have never had a problem using it on my iPhone and iPad. Biggest thing is to swipe the card instead of entering the numbers. Money is usually deposited into my checking account the next morning. Like Muncie1 said go to http://www.squareup.com for more details.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    I use Square. It's free to sign up and they'll send you the card reader for free. You can also buy a card reader at Wal-mart for $10 and they give you a code to put in to get your $10 back. I have never had a problem using it on my iPhone and iPad. Biggest thing is to swipe the card instead of entering the numbers. Money is usually deposited into my checking account the next morning. Like Muncie1 said go to http://www.squareup.com for more details.
    Paypal has the same thing going too.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I"ve got both Square and Paypal card swipers. I like Paypal a little bit better because I use my paypal account more. I will have both card readers in my backpack there. I am not going to nessicarily sell anything, but I might bring some stuff just in case I get the itch.

If Paypal finds out you are using their product/site for selling firearms they will suspend/terminate your Paypal account. Paypal is owned by eBay and their rules for acceptable items are based on CA state law.

Top Bottom