• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Now that you have lost by far your best player in Oladipo and rumors are flying around that Zeller will announce tomorrow wether he's staying or not how is IU Nation feeling going into next season without both possibly. It would be a HUGE mistake Zeller to leave as he is NO WHERE close ready for the NBA yet.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I agree that Zeller is not ready for the NBA, but he is gone. He is not going to turn down the money. :twocents:

Won't really matter (Victor and Cody leaving) as long as Crean is the coach, he is a dumbas* and IU will never be signifacant as long as he is the coach.:twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    They will both have their degrees, I wish them nothing but the best.

I think Cody needs another year, but Victor won't improve his draft potential by staying.

Glad to see IU is still turning out STUDENT-athletes.

After watching Ware's leg explode in the Final Four, I figured if either was on the fence, that pushed them over.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I am kind of hoping that Zeller stays, but not too sure what to expect yet. I think the only reason that he would is because he has 2 other brothers that have made it through college

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    I am kind of hoping that Zeller stays, but not too sure what to expect yet. I think the only reason that he would is because he has 2 other brothers that have made it through college

He came in with a lot of AP class credits from high school and is supposedly set to graduate in 2 semsters (one of which could be this summer). Smart kid, more power to him.

That doesnt change the fact that he is nowhere near ready for the NBA. He plays too soft and lets more physical players manhandle him. If he thought the NCAA big men were tough, just wait till he meets the likes of Dwight Howard. He has the skill and finesse to be a great player, but until he gets physically and mentally stronger he doesnt stand a chance. He needs to have the mindset that "I'm gonna rip this rim off every time im near it and no one is gonna stop me" instead of "Ill just put up a double clutch layup and pray i get fouled".

My vote: he shouldnt go, but that doesnt mean that he wont (we'll find out today)

Oladipo made the right choice for himself, no matter how bad we all wanted him to stay. In one season, he went from a barely mentioned late 2nd round draft pick to a top 10...he couldnt do any better than that by staying next season. And of course theres the chance he might injure himself or have a bad season and ruin all his hard work this year. Good luck Dipo, make us proud.

(Just to be clear, i am a born and raised Hoosier fan. I was rocking my "IAM4IU" license plate even during the aftermath of Sampson)

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Always have been and always will be an IU fan. It may be a rough season next year, but it can't be as bad as Kentucky was this year...

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    He came in with a lot of AP class credits from high school and is supposedly set to graduate in 2 semsters (one of which could be this summer). Smart kid, more power to him.

That doesnt change the fact that he is nowhere near ready for the NBA. He plays too soft and lets more physical players manhandle him. If he thought the NCAA big men were tough, just wait till he meets the likes of Dwight Howard. He has the skill and finesse to be a great player, but until he gets physically and mentally stronger he doesnt stand a chance. He needs to have the mindset that "I'm gonna rip this rim off every time im near it and no one is gonna stop me" instead of "Ill just put up a double clutch layup and pray i get fouled".

My vote: he shouldnt go, but that doesnt mean that he wont (we'll find out today)

Oladipo made the right choice for himself, no matter how bad we all wanted him to stay. In one season, he went from a barely mentioned late 2nd round draft pick to a top 10...he couldnt do any better than that by staying next season. And of course theres the chance he might injure himself or have a bad season and ruin all his hard work this year. Good luck Dipo, make us proud.

(Just to be clear, i am a born and raised Hoosier fan. I was rocking my "IAM4IU" license plate even during the aftermath of Sampson)

I agree on both players. Looks like Cody has decided he doesn't need another year in the Big10 (12?) (16?). Best of luck to him!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    It is really a business decision for both of them.

If they enter the league and actually make an NBA roster, both would be expected to make around $500,000 in their first year in just minimum league salary. That doesn't include singing bonuses, endorsement contracts etc.

NBA.com - Minimum Annual Salary Scale

If they stay in school they officially make $0, and run the risk of getting injured. They then are likely to earn $50,000 if they use their degrees for a typical job in the US for a person with a college degree.

Worst case for both of them is that they end up playing in the NBA development leagues or in Europe, where they may make substantially less, but likely more than they would in a standard job out of school.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That means they have lost Oladipo, Zeller, Hulls and, don't forget, Watford. While they shouldn't be nearly as bad as the early post-Sampson years, this should be a very interesting season.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    How is the IU nation feeling now?

GREAT! We just had an amazing season, are producing NBA players who are intelligent, and with IU having the #3 best recruiting class next year...yeah, I feel great.

Top Bottom