• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've never been to a local range. Probably should investigate what's close. I know of one in Atlanta.

I shoot mostly with my brothers and cousins on the family farms...about 75-90 minutes away, depending on who is hosting.

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    50 minutes to Knob Creek Gun Range. It pretty cheap, has a gun shop and snack bar on site, and you can shoot at just about anything...

40 minutes to Open Range Indoor Range in Crestwood, KY. Not cheap, but a great facility and good people. I have only shot the Pistol Range, but there is a 100 yard rifle range as well.

I know there are at least one range closer, but I like the two above.

My preference is load the truck and spend the day at KCGR. Usually not too busy except for the weeks leading up to hunting season. Note, I have only shot at KCGR on Fridays and Mondays. I don't know what the weekend crowd is like.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I have a 30ish yard shot in any of 4 directions just by opening a window. If I want more reach I have to cross a creek, but it is worth the trip.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    To all the people who think that they live far away from their shooting range, I just checked the distance online (from Indy to where I am overseas) and im 4179 miles away from my shooting range right now.So yeah that's quite a walk (or more like a swim) so I cant shoot everyday.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    About 10 minutes away. It has a 300 yard range, room clearing practice house, automatic turning and moving targets. I can't think of a reason to go to another range.:rockwoot:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I shoot @ MCFG about 20 min drive, but if I want to shoot rifle, I shoot @ Crosly FWA near Vernon about 1:15-1:30 away. I like Crosly it's a nice, clean range and its free with a 200yd. range down to a 15 yd. pistol range as well as a clay area.

Jeckle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Greenwood
    Atterbury is about 25 miles from me. A good friend also has some land north of Martinsville where we shoot and hunt as well.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    40 miles away at my brother n laws farm. Sitting at the picnic table you have 100yrd and 200yrd posts directly in front of you. Then off to the left is the 300 yrd post. Anything further and we have to leave the hayfield:)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    About 20 minutes to Winamac Wildlife Preserve. There are a couple other ones I have seen online, but havent looked much into them. Also in the process of building a 75'ish yard range at a friends house (less than 3 miles away).

-MColford

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Approx 3 miles from the Muncie Rifle Pistol club indoor range. Very basic 50ft range, but very convenient and affordable.

Top Bottom