• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Well, now that everyone is buying now, and getting broke. Later business for LGS will be incredibly slow, and the buyers who paid for everything with a credit card, because instead of waiting, they bought everything in sight without saving, will be further in debt. This menas they wont want to buy later on, when everything calms down. As long as the shops don't go reinvesting all this current profit, back into select items, they should be fine. I have not bought 1 box of ammo, 1 gun, or an accessory since this started.

What I think is the funniest thing of all, are the people that are steaming mad.
    They think the businesses are price gouging, and it's all the sellers fault.
    The value of the item has increased because the demand has just gone way up.
    The shooting, led to a perceived ban in the eyes of gun owners, who raised their demand.
    The demand raised the prices.
    It is all your fault, you silly people who ran out and bought stuff.

Last edited:

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    Every store I have visited is wiped out! The guns and magazines dont concern me as much as the shortage of ammo and reloading supplies. Without it, will we all eventually be dead in the water.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Every store I have visited is wiped out! The guns and magazines dont concern me as much as the shortage of ammo and reloading supplies. Without it, will we all eventually be dead in the water.

There is a reason for the ammunition shortage as I stated in another post. I heard on MSNBC the ammunition manufactures were quoted as saying they sold as much ammunition in the last 2 weeks as they sold in the last 3 years. Now that is a sign of a panic buy!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Am hoping cool old classic stuff gets traded in on "tacticool" and hunters/collectors can score some good deals :)

LGS has handgun cases at around 30%. No Ar's (unless somebody brings one in for consignment). Hunting guns reduced in number as well, but that happens every Xmas.

XD's and M&P's look to be out of stock for a while.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Am hoping cool old classic stuff gets traded in on "tacticool" and hunters/collectors can score some good deals :)

LGS has handgun cases at around 30%. No Ar's (unless somebody brings one in for consignment). Hunting guns reduced in number as well, but that happens every Xmas.

XD's and M&P's look to be out of stock for a while.

My buddy was just at Elmores, they have a couple of Colt Sporters for 2500-2700.00 if you need an AR. :rolleyes:

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    The stores are doing well right now, but I see a slump coming. When nothing becomes of the ban, there will be a downturn in sales because the panic buyers all have guns now and everyone blew their gun money already.
    I don't see the sales levels we've seen for the last 4 years (and especially the last month) go on forever.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Its my opinion that unless the LGS can resupply then most will be forced to cut hours of operation and or cut work staff. Hard to justify being open if you don't have anything to sell. I certainly hope it doesn't go that way but I wonder how many small shops will be able to survive.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    Well, now that everyone is buying now, and getting broke. Later business for LGS will be incredibly slow, and the buyers who paid for everything with a credit card, because instead of waiting, they bought everything in sight without saving, will be further in debt. This menas they wont want to buy later on, when everything calms down. As long as the shops don't go reinvesting all this current profit, back into select items, they should be fine. I have not bought 1 box of ammo, 1 gun, or an accessory since this started.

What I think is the funniest thing of all, are the people that are steaming mad.
    They think the businesses are price gouging, and it's all the sellers fault.
    The value of the item has increased because the demand has just gone way up.
    The shooting, led to a perceived ban in the eyes of gun owners, who raised their demand.
    The demand raised the prices.
    It is all your fault, you silly people who ran out and bought stuff.

I wanted to REP you but gave out to many today! +1 to you !

manygunsmike

Top Bottom