• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Just wondering how you guys choose to reload your ammo as in stocking up or just enough? Like do you guys have 300 cases and load how many you plan on shooting for the next time you go, and then come back and reload however many you shot, or do you just reload until your out of a component and wait until you have more of the component? Kind of a random question but just wondering.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    generally i reload the same caliber until i run out of brass, (depending on what kind of load im making). i dont keep very large amounts of brass though. maybe 1-3k per caliber with 9mm being the exception at 5k.

swamptick

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Rochester
    I usually load 500 at a time, only shoot about 50 rounds a week on average unless I get with friends and then of course a lot more reloading.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I load many thousands at once so that I never go to the shelf and lack ammo for a match.

It took a few years to develop loads for everything but short of chronoing when I get a new jug of powder, I'm ready to go.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I load several thousand at a time then switch. Unless i know i am going to be using alot of one caliber of ammo then i will switch and load some of that.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I load however many I feel like loading at a time, when the mood strikes me. I don't shoot in any matches and rarely fire off as many as 100 rounds in a day, so I usually have far more loaded cases on hand than I would ever shoot at one time. The rounds I shoot the most, 9mm and 30 carbine, I'll have 500+ loaded up and ready to go. When we shoot a bunch of those, I'll start loading them again.

I don't think I've ever loaded 1,000 rounds in a single day, but most of my guns are bolt-action and single shots. I find reloading relaxing and enjoyable as a hobby. I'm not sure I could say that if I was loading much higher volumes of pistol ammo, with the presses I have.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    In late winter/early spring I usually reload what I think I will shoot that year for the "high volume" stuff, though I'm not what most would call a high volume shooter.

I usually order bullets and load until they're gone - that seems to be the limiting factor for me since I have 1500-2000 pieces of brass for my high volume calibers. 9mm and .40 brass is easy, but I find I lose a lot of .380 brass, and it's a bit harder to get a good deal on it. I don't lose much revolver brass, so I keep less on hand... I probably have 1200pcs of .38 SPL and 500pcs of .357 Mag.

But at any given time I have at least a few hundred rounds of .40, .38 SPL, and .380 loaded and ready to go to the range.

I load rifle on an "as needed" basis, but I'm stocked up to do a bunch of .223 and .30 Carbine if needed.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I've been at it for a long time but I like to do a bunch of loading during the winter, I like to keep 5k + pistol cases and if I get down to 1k rounds in my ammo cans I get nervous

and as far as rifle it depends on what the ammo is for,

My top end accuracy ammo I'm limeted by the amout of brass i can come up with but its still as much as I can get loaded

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    I load maybe 20 rounds...test those for fps and accuracy....and then if I like the results....I load more. If I'm not satisfied, I'll move on to the next "test" until I'm happy.

-G

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    A couple years back I was shooting SASS cowboy and reloading every week. Didn't have enough
    brass to do otherwise. This winter I plan to catch up on. 38&9mm and everything else I've been
    slacking off on. Gotta find time to cast 4000-6000 bullets while it's still nice enough to leave
    the barn doors open for ventilation. Surprisingly this won't take nearly as long as the loading.

Top Bottom