• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Hoping that this thread will bring me closer to my 50 quality posts goal (17 so far :faint:), here is today's question:

How do you make your coffee? :dunno:

Do you use an electric drip coffee maker, one of those fancy automatic espresso machines, instant coffee etc?

Sugar or milk in it?

add-coffee.jpg

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    We make ours one cup at a time with our Keurig coffee maker. My wife and I enjoy different brands. She likes the stuff that can dissolve stainless steel and can be cut with a pair of shears...straight black. I on the other hand prefer Green Mountain 100% Colombian dark roast with just a few drops of Coffee Mate sugar-free Hazelnut creamer (diabetic). I didn't start drinking coffee until about a year ago (loved the aroma but not the bitter taste). That's when we found Newman's Own by Green Mountain...now I've graduated to 100% Colombian and don't start the day without at least two cups. My wife can drink her Folgers Black Silk all day long and again just before bed and still sleep like a baby. If I tried that I'd be running laps around the house until the sun came up.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I'll drink it any of 3 ways after I roast and freshly grind my own beans (most often from Ethopia, but I also like Jamaican Blue Mountain and Kenyan as well and a few select others I buy on occasion):

1) French Press w a 5 min steep
    2) Cold brewing with a Toddy
    3) Espresso (rarely) or a cappucino from my Nespresso

I think my favorite is the cold brewing due to the reduced acidity and you just add water to the concentrate when you're making a cup.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah I'm a truck driver and it has ruined the stimulant effect of coffee for me. I just drink it for the taste now.

I vary on creamers and sugar(or sweet'n'low actually). Sometimes I so, sometimes not. Usually if I do, it's just enough milk to cloud it and a sweetener packet or two. I'll have something good like Caribou black, though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Keurig single cup maker. Takes the pods. I can make coffee, tea, hot chocolate (for the kiddo), capacinno (wifey). It makes it a little strong with the pods. I have an adapter I bought where I can just add any type of ground coffee. Saves a lot of money not buying the pods, plus they don't have the ReAl kona coffee i like anyways.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Drip pot at work. Little bit of sweetener ( splenda) . I to am a trucker but I only drink it in cold weather. I'm outside about 30 min at a time 6 -10 times a night loading and delivering gas. I can drink 96 oz some nights!

AND IT BETTER BE FOLGERS!!!!!!!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Indoors: Electric drip with any high octane beans that have been finely ground ... so fine they're powdered ... so fine that if I spill any on the counter I can snort it up.

Outdoors: Boiling water and Folger Instant Coffee (the single serving sleeve style) ... two sleeves with a packet of hot chocolate and voilà camp mocha … just don’t burn the water … nasty after taste.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Electric drip at home, percolator on a single burner propane stove when camping. Black. I like mine strong, but DoggyMama not so much. Since I've usually had a pot or more by the time she gets up, she usually just has me run water through my leftover grounds. :): I learned to drink coffee out of a vending machine back in the late 70's before you could get halfway decent stuff out of machines. It was pretty horrible, but I forced myself to acquire a taste for it. After trying various combinations of sugar and "creamer" (or whatever passed for creamer in those machines), I decided that nothing was going to help the flavor. When I graduated to real brewed coffee it tasted great by comparison!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We make ours one cup at a time with our Keurig coffee maker. My wife and I enjoy different brands. She likes the stuff that can dissolve stainless steel and can be cut with a pair of shears...straight black. I on the other hand prefer Green Mountain 100% Colombian dark roast with just a few drops of Coffee Mate sugar-free Hazelnut creamer (diabetic). I didn't start drinking coffee until about a year ago (loved the aroma but not the bitter taste). That's when we found Newman's Own by Green Mountain...now I've graduated to 100% Colombian and don't start the day without at least two cups. My wife can drink her Folgers Black Silk all day long and again just before bed and still sleep like a baby. If I tried that I'd be running laps around the house until the sun came up.

I've never really been anything but a morning coffee drinker (unless I would get called in to work in the middle of the night), but not because of losing any sleep. Heck, sometimes I've over-caffeinated myself to the point where I just want to go back to sleep. Weird!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ADC machine, a Cuisinart specifically. I like it black and fairly strong. I did the French press several years ago for a short time. I do fix some espresso occasionally. I have a stand alone cappuccino machine and the stove top Italian espresso maker, which I now prefer.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Folgers Half-Caf. Regular coffee maker. 20 oz at a time. Extra Half & Half, no sugar. Speedway's House Blend (tastes really good!), mixed half regular and half decaf, with extra Half & Half when I'm out. Usually drink more in cold weather than in summertime.

Also buy Dunkin Donuts coffee, Original Blend and Decaf, one pound each, mix together in large container and make/serve as above. This I use as a special treat during the day sometimes. Luv my DD Coffee! YUM-EEE!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Columbian Foldgers in a drip pot, with a heaping spoon of turbinado sugar and 2 or 3 splashes of cream. Oh, and two ice cubes. I don't "sip".

GMtoblat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Crane
    Columbian folders heaping scoop on a standard Mr. Coffee. Lately I've cut out the sugar and just use international delight creamer. right now i got alomond joy creamer

Top Bottom