• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    Go to the store. Get a box of Carrol Shelby Chili Mix. Buy the ingredients listed on the back. Follow the directions to cook. Eat. Shelby made the worlds best mustangs and made a mean chili, too. You'll not go wrong with it.

124-Oz.-Original-Texas-Chili~vo.jpg

I'll second the Shelby Chili Kit, I don't typically use the flour, but occasionally I throw it in, just mix it up a little. I typically add more Cayenne Pepper than is included in the kit.

I typically use:
    1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
    1 big whole onion diced
    1 whole habanero diced
    Salt, pepper, and Marion Kay Dominant One seasoning, cook the sirloin to your liking.

After the sirloin is done, add:
    2 cans some kind of Hunts diced tomatoes, I typically use fire roasted with garlic
    2 cans Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, I prefer hot
    2 cans Brooks hot chili beans
    2 cans Hunts tomato sauce

Simmer for about 15 minutes stirring a LOT! The chili will scotch on the bottom of the pan if you don't stir often.

This chili has a little wang to it, if you want to tone it done, go easy on the Cayenne, and instead of Habaneros, us Jalapenos or Sorrento Peppers, or just skip it altogether.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    2 o' these....
    chili_base_hot-250x250.jpg

5 o' these....
    4F1C441D-6D82-27DC-4B95-B2E6DA596CEA.jpeg

1 o' these....
    REDONION200-2.jpg

3 lb o' this.....
    Ground-Sirloin.jpg

put all'at......in 1 these....
    images

add the meat in'a last hr or so.....venison makes fer some damn good chili...:yesway:

fergot.....

393124560_87a5789fbf_b.jpg

Oh....:rolleyes:
    on'a meat......brown/drain it 1st......

LAST'ly......d'pend'n on how brave ya are......a TOUCH.....o' 1 o these....:rolleyes:

AP_INDIAS_CHILI.jpg

an' I mean.......lightly.....on'at las' 1.........:):

I just made a pot last Sunday and I put one SMALL (like the size of a quarter in diameter) Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper in the pot. It would light you up! They're even hotter than the ghost peppers at close to 2,000,000 Scoville units... Make Habaneros seem like mother's milk. ;)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I just made a pot last Sunday and I put one SMALL (like the size of a quarter in diameter) Trinidad Moruga Scorpion pepper in the pot. It would light you up! They're even hotter than the ghost peppers at close to 2,000,000 Scoville units... Make Habaneros seem like mother's milk. ;)

We grew some this year... Evil little bastards. Previous "worlds hottest pepper", now second only to Carolina Reapers. I took a bite of a raw one.... regretful.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    I just have to get in on this thread. I do not use beans and REAL chili does not have beans. I do not use a recipe, but the same general ingredients each time. I like medium-thick chili and use ground beef. I will also throw in a can of Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, as in my opinion is it THE BEST corn out there. I like both the texture and the taste of the corn. You get a bite of sweet against the spicy/hotness of the chili base. No noodles in my chili, but I do know some people who like to throw it over some cooked white rice. And then each person can add sour cream, cheese, crackers, etc to their liking. I have been asked for my recipe several times and always decline to give the full recipe. I will give the basics and leave out one special ingredient so they can have the close thing but not my whole recipe. My creation, me secret.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

:faint:.....I'a pass.......LOL...:):

We grew some this year... Evil little bastards. Previous "worlds hottest pepper", now second only to Carolina Reapers. ...I took a bite of a raw one. regretful.

try 15.........:):

At the 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo on 30 March 2014,[SUP][4][/SUP] Ed Currie was presented with his world record by Guinness World Records and an eating competition was held in which the fastest time to consume three Carolina Reapers was determined for a new Guinness World Records at 12.23 seconds by Russel Todd.[SUP][5][/SUP] This record was beaten in September 2014 by Jason McNabb, who finished three peppers in just 10.95 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper

Jason McNabb downs 2.32 ounces of ghost peppers for Guinness record - UPI.com

dude's got'a deathwish.....:):

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    :faint:.....I'a pass.......LOL...:):

try 15.........:):

At the 2nd Annual New York City Hot Sauce Expo on 30 March 2014,[SUP][4][/SUP] Ed Currie was presented with his world record by Guinness World Records and an eating competition was held in which the fastest time to consume three Carolina Reapers was determined for a new Guinness World Records at 12.23 seconds by Russel Todd.[SUP][5][/SUP] This record was beaten in September 2014 by Jason McNabb, who finished three peppers in just 10.95 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper

Jason McNabb downs 2.32 ounces of ghost peppers for Guinness record - UPI.com

dude's got'a deathwish.....:):
    What time is it?
    Poop hurty.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I just have to get in on this thread. I do not use beans and REAL chili does not have beans. ....
    Beans in chili is darn near a felony offense in many parts of Texas, altho people try to slip them in occasionally. Since I grew up in Indiana (and my mom was from Missouri) the chili of my childhood had beans in it, but since moving to Texas I have come to much prefer it without beans (or noodles) in it. Altho it's fun to dump it over Fritos or fried up tortilla strips sometimes.

You guys should have an INGO Guns-n-Chili Shoot-off/Cook-off some time this winter. First prize could include a case of .22LR and a bottle of Maalox...or Preparation H.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Cooked this for dinner this evening. Looked like chili, smelled like chili, tasted like chili but I'm not sure what to call it.

1C7EB6CD-048F-40C0-B64A-D6E95A332285_zpsb88ywfwl.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But but but but but...it has BEANS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Meh. Most chili has beans, regardless of what REAL chili ingredients are. In my case, they are sometimes included against my strongest protests. I grew up with beans in my chili, Mrs. Monkey did too. The difference is she LIKES beans. Me? Cant stand them. Texture is unnerving to me. (I dont find the taste revolting, but not pleasurable either)

So we switch off... Sometimes its no beans, other times its me eating around the beans and dumping the beans my spoon dodged in her bowl before I go for seconds.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I use Shelby's spice dump because I like the spices, rather than hamburger I use stew meat cut up and simmered in Old El Paso Chipotle cooking sauce for a few hours. I also use black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, chili beans, and a can of tomatoes and jalapenos.

c6aacd0c-d234-4817-a9e1-e15e42bd8a42_zps36aa0162.jpg

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    my take on my chili

1 Lb ground beef
    1/2 of a onion (diced)
    3 habanero peppers cut in 1/2 and the seeds and membrane removed
    add these to a skillet and brown the beef and drain the grease
    next
    boil 1 cup of water and add 2 beef broth cubes and dissolve
    4 cans brooks hot and spicy beans
    1 can of tomato sauce
    1 can of diced tomato's
    mexienes chili powder (the ONLY chili powder!)
    garlic powder
    salt (seasoned)
    pepper
    ground red pepper (1 table spoon)

mix all together bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for an hour, and add more mexienes chili powder(the only chili powder) every 15 minuets

NOW the important part.....REMOVE THE HABANERO PEPPERS!!!!!!

if you want, add cheese, fritos, or a drop of sour cream, and serve with a peanut butter sandwich, and a glass of milk.

this is hot enough to clear out your sinus's and give you a....."ring of fire" the next day, but not so hot that you can't eat it!

but for the love of god NO noodles! what godless heathen thought of adding macaroni or spaghetti noodles to chili!!!! I hope he or she spend an eternity in hell getting a pineapple shoved up their ass every day!

beef, tomato's ,sauce and noodles is called spaghetti! not chili!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Same issue I had when I was first married, it was like chili cut 1-1 with water.

Thanks for the mental picture, I will now leave the keyboard to throw up. :puke:

I just have to get in on this thread. I do not use beans and REAL chili does not have beans. I do not use a recipe, but the same general ingredients each time. I like medium-thick chili and use ground beef. I will also throw in a can of Green Giant Whole Kernel Sweet Corn, as in my opinion is it THE BEST corn out there. I like both the texture and the taste of the corn. You get a bite of sweet against the spicy/hotness of the chili base. No noodles in my chili, but I do know some people who like to throw it over some cooked white rice. And then each person can add sour cream, cheese, crackers, etc to their liking. I have been asked for my recipe several times and always decline to give the full recipe. I will give the basics and leave out one special ingredient so they can have the close thing but not my whole recipe. My creation, me secret.

Weren't beans added as a meat substitute during "hard times" back in the day?

Top Bottom