• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Having a cleaning lady is something I swore I'd never do. Then I got a wife and three little kids to go along with my full time job with overtime. I view having a cleaning lady differently now and I see it as a way for my wife and I to spend time together to keep our marriage strong for what little part of the day we get time together. We never actively pursued a cleaning lady. My grandma in law knew a lady who's become a friend of the family and she was very reasonable. We only make the call when it's been a while since the last time we could get at cleaning or in the case of a couple of weeks from now when my daughter has her first brithday and there'll be a big cleaning push in the house. Basically we got lucky and had a relative give a recommendation, but if I were looking for a new one the first thing I'd do is make sure they aren't a demacrat.

As far as the guns go, I'm a firm believer that you can have guns hidden in plain sight that won't be noticed even by a cleaning person. The guns that are out of the safe, are hidden to where the cleaning lady wouldn't notice them.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yes, most are in safes but the home defense guns are- well, where they're supposed to be! So how do you go about finding someone you can trust to clean your home without a: freaking out about the guns, and b: Understanding how to deal with the ones he/she finds and how to treat them? ...................................

Our home defense guns are in the safe when we're not home. I can't imagine anything quite as exciting as coming home to face your own guns in the hands of an intruder. Are you really saying you have gun safes and still leave guns out when you're not home? We're gonna' have to disagree on where your home defense guns are "supposed to be" if that's the case. Otherwise................Angie's List if you can't find somebody you already know.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My dad had this come up some years back after his third wife passed. He called a company that provided maid service.

The first thing that they said was they were bonded and had people that were not bothered by guns. So he gave them a shot. I think it was called Molly Maid.

Any way he was very pleased with their service and has never had any problems with the guns around the house or any thing coming up missing.

They will ask what you want dun. You have to tell them what you want dun. That is what they will charge you for and will not do any thing other than that. So if you want dusting in all rooms except for your bedroom they will do it. You want the kitchen floor washed, no problem. They will do what you asked to be dun and give you a price for it. They don't do any thing extra. You have to state what you want dun.

Most of the guns around my Dads house were out of site and up out of the reach of the grand kids. He locked his bedroom door when any of the grandchildren were coming over. There was a 38 kept up where the dishes were. Also one in the living room in his bookcase, top shelf in a book that wasn't a book. He had a 44 that he kept in the entry closet, kept on the shelf under a hat. He had all sorts of stuff in his TV room and his bedroom. Some stuff hanging on the wall and some sitting around. The service never went into his bedroom.

demosthenes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Thanks, all, great suggestions, and the private messages. I have at least, a plan now.

I would never reveal the location of my home defense guns. It would take a diligent and destructive search of my home to find them if you don't know where they are.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The framling candidate would probably be the worst choice if he wants to avoid having his guns stolen. On the other hand, the varelse candidate could possibly be just as dishonest.

OP, I've been contemplating this option for many years, but I just could not find anyone. I hardly like having workers in my home who I do not know. That's why everything I have done is by someone I know from INGO, but I doubt you'll find anyone on here to clean your house. You can check with lovemachine, but it's getting cold and he can't drive in the snow.

So, after I go see Ender's Game, will I know what you two are talking about?

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    So, after I go see Ender's Game, will I know what you two are talking about?

1. Framling

One of four Demosthean terms of "otherness", derived from nordic phrases. A Framling is someone of the same species, just living on another planet.

1. Varelse
    One of four Demosthean phrases of "otherness", varelse is of an extraterrestrial race with whom no communication or understanding is possible, and therefore war is often inevitable.

Personally, I just buy my last ex-wife a steak dinner on Fridays and she spends the weekends cleaning house.

I know it's pretty strange, but it works for me. :):

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Thanks, all, great suggestions, and the private messages. I have at least, a plan now.

I would never reveal the location of my home defense guns. It would take a diligent and destructive search of my home to find them if you don't know where they are.

they are in the closet

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Does the person cleaning your house HAVE to be someone you don't already know? Surely there is a family member or friend that could use the money/work.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mine aren't in the closet, they're all out and proud. Wait, that's not... um... hiring a maid? This is a family friendly forum, so... no, no... I like trains! Oh, that wasn't helpful at all, was it?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Buy a couple shovels and large trash cans. Easier to throw stuff out and replace it than to find people you can trust these days.

Top Bottom