• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So what if I get my license or license number tattooed to my forehead? Does that mean a LEO cannot ask me questions about my OCed firearm, since I have obviously presented a valid LTCH??!? Do they even have RAS to stop me for open carrying if they can see my forehead? :popcorn:

Then you pay the extra $20 to prove it.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was able to enter my info and retrieve my application number, but when I click "next" to order the duplicate, I get this:

A system exception has occurred and any data modified has not been saved. Sorry for the inconvenience but you will need to retry or resume at a later time. Our support staff will receive a notification for review.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think they should upgrade us to plastic for free as a courtesy. Especially since they never asked for permission from US to fold our info into the driver's license database.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I was able to enter my info and retrieve my application number, but when I click "next" to order the duplicate, I get this:
    A system exception has occurred and any data modified has not been saved. Sorry for the inconvenience but you will need to retry or resume at a later time. Our support staff will receive a notification for review.

Update: I kept clicking "next" since I'm bored at work with nothing better to do and it finally went to a payment screen. Total with "ISP Online Processing Fee" was $21.42.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Update: I kept clicking "next" since I'm bored at work with nothing better to do and it finally went to a payment screen. Total with "ISP Online Processing Fee" was $21.42.

I've been doing that for the last 15 minutes. No luck.

I'm kinda nervous about clicking rapidly, just in case it goes to a new page and my cursor is on the button that says, "Please register me as a Democrat." :laugh:

Kildux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Indiana

I had the same thing happened when I applied for duplicate.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

See below...
    Keep trying.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    When one of you receives the plastic one, let us know if they shrunk it down to typical credit card/DL size or if it's still a little longer than those. I shrunk my paper one down to CC/DL size and laminated it so it would fit well within my wallet. If the plastic one is that goofy size, I probably won't get one as I imagine it would be hard to make it smaller.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I don't get the point of paying for a duplicate. The state doesn't require you to carry your license. So just leave the paper in your file cabinet.

I know it is not required but the law also says that the burden of proof is on you for proving you are exempt from the no carry law in Indiana. It also says that if you are arrested you are to be freed and all records of your arrest wiped once you produce a LTCH. That leads me to believe that you should carry your LTCH.

[SHAMELESS THREADJACK]
    My IMPD friends say otherwise. Don't challenge me to go prove it, I'm too lazy to scan through IC. I'm merely relating what I was told by people whose job it is to know. And this guy is good with that kind of thing.

Have a super day![/SHAMELESS THREADJACK]

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    [SHAMELESS THREADJACK]
    My IMPD friends say otherwise. Don't challenge me to go prove it, I'm too lazy to scan through IC. I'm merely relating what I was told by people whose job it is to know. And this guy is good with that kind of thing.

Have a super day![/SHAMELESS THREADJACK]

Which one of the two people you quoted are you disagreeing with? I'm bored out of my mind and have no qualms about sifting through the I.C. :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Not just you, no results for me also.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Those who are getting no results, did you apply for your LTCH's before the apps went to online? I would imagine that those "application numbers" aren't in the database.

My original (4 year) LTCH was done on paper with ink fingerprints, but when I renewed to the Lifetime, they had switched to online applications and my lifetime has a different license number. When I search my original license number (the ink and paper application), I get "No results found", but the one I applied for online gave me my app number.

Top Bottom