• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indiana
    Question: I recently purchased a Rock River Arms LAR-15 AR. In looking their website they have numerous models marked LAR-15. I emailed Rock River Arms with the Serial #, and they replied that that Serial # left Rock River as a stripped lower. How do I find out what brand upper I have on my AR, and the specs of the super>

Thanks.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I emailed Rock River Arms with the Serial #, and they replied that that Serial # left Rock River as a stripped lower. How do I find out what brand upper I have on my AR, and the specs of the super

Most manufacturers/assemblers don't brand their uppers (Daniel Defense, LMT, Spikes and Aero being a few notable exceptions). It may have a forge mark on it that would tell you where it started life, but that's about it. You might be able to identify the barrel mfr. by looking for markings there (typically located just ahead of the gas block), but many won't have anything but the caliber and maybe the twist rate. Pics of any markings you can find would help us help you.

A gentleman came into the shop today, talking up the Rock River upper he had just bought. He had me install a flash hider for him, and I noted the barrel was marked "DTI" which indicates Del-Ton manufacture. He also bought a charging handle off a "buddy" which was lacking the latch, pin and spring. He said it "works fine for now". :n00b:

Buyer beware.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I think he's saying 'buyer beware' in regards to the fact that the guy was saying he had a RRA upper when in fact it was a Del-ton. If you're unfamiliar with how to tell the difference, someone may be peddling you something 'not as described'. It may be possible that the seller had no idea what he had either.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Question: I recently purchased a Rock River Arms LAR-15 AR. In looking their website they have numerous models marked LAR-15. I emailed Rock River Arms with the Serial #, and they replied that that Serial # left Rock River as a stripped lower. How do I find out what brand upper I have on my AR, and the specs of the super>

Thanks.

You bought a "parts" rifle.
    Look for any markings on the barrel.
    It could very well be a complete RRA upper that someone bought and then assembled the lower.

Take some good, clean, in focus pictures and post them. We can then help try to figure out what you bought.

Top Bottom