• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    "Government Shut Down" is a load of crap. The US government will still bring in over 2 trillions dollars annually if "shut down". What they are really saying is that government would be forced to spend only what it brings in. They won't default on the debt. They won't all go on long-term vacation. The lights will still turn on and the water will come out of the tap.

If I were a bureaucrat i would be very concerned that a "shut down" would really be a chance for the average Joe on the street to see that life goes on just fine if the government spends 2 trillion and not 3.5 trillion and I don;t get stuck with a bill for stuff that makes not one difference in my life.

So what we will see if in fact there is a "shut down" is government deciding to not do the very things We the People allow and formed government to do int he first place. The bureaucrats will stop doing things that government is best suited to do and all the other crap, the pork will go on unaffected since that doesn't benefit the public.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    This oughtta be good.

Oh it has been... the hypocrisy of some is quite entertaining but sad. Funding the government but attempting to stop something none of us want by attempting to defund it is a pointless gesture and makes you the bad guy, agreeing to fund the government but NOT attempting to defund what we don't want isn't, but STILL makes you the bad guy....:n00b:

What is also enlightening is if the GOP does this it's bad, IF a LP controlled Congress did it it appears it would be ok. Again, :n00b:

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I am glad if not surprised that the House is holding its ground. We've had shutdowns before, during both the Reagan and Clinton years, and the sky did not fall. It "shuts down" every weekend and on numerous federal holidays, and life goes on. I just hope as an earlier post said that people realize we would do just fine with a smaller government. Better, in fact.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    democrats have no budget for years, democrats passed obamacare, stimulus, etc, they own non of it, all problems are blamed on republicans, they own the media, they own the narrative, the republicans need to find a way to combat that, screw everything, the democrat voters doesnt care or know about anything that the democrats even do in washington, just look at the unions, they voted for obama, praised obamacare, now they are furious at what it is, and we all KNEW what it was way before it was passed. The democrat voter has to be reached, they are voting for people to do things that they dont even want and they dont even know! shut it all down if you ask me,

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Oh it has been... the hypocrisy of some is quite entertaining but sad. Funding the government but attempting to stop something none of us want by attempting to defund it is a pointless gesture and makes you the bad guy, agreeing to fund the government but NOT attempting to defund what we don't want isn't, but STILL makes you the bad guy....:n00b:

What is also enlightening is if the GOP does this it's bad, IF a LP controlled Congress did it it appears it would be ok. Again, :n00b:
    Are you reading impaired? I said I and the LP are fine with defunding this. My OP is neutral on the issue, not going one way or the other. *sigh*...ESL is falling behind.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Are you reading impaired? I said I and the LP are fine with defunding this. My OP is neutral on the issue, not going one way or the other. *sigh*...ESL is falling behind.

Really... Your statement about the GOP "owning" this is neutral? Unless you were referring to the media lapdog's placing blame on the GOP, the fact that the House is/was attempting to fund the government WITHOUT funding Obamacare shows IMO the GOP does not in fact "own" the possible shutdown. The ball lies squarely in the Democratic court. It matters not whether Obama has threatened to veto it, if he does HE and his party own the shutdown. I'll give you this, the media will of course blame the GOP, if the mostly brain dead electorate falls for it then I agree the GOP will own it.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So....does anyone think that your representatives are voting the way you expected them to when you voted for them?
    Politics don't make a lot of sense to me.
    My great grandfather was a Republican and mayor of our small town. He told me to be elected there you had to be Republican.
    My grandfather was the mail carrier. He was a democrat and told me if you wanted a job working for the Govt that you had to be a democrat.
    My Great Grandmother was the boss over both of them. She didn't make a lick of sense most of the time unless we were going fishing. Politics, I still don't have it figured out all the way I guess.

I know my "representative" is voting the way I expected; we just couldn't muster the votes to un-elect him last time. Probably won't be able to do it this time, either. Republicans need to stick to their guns this time; they've compromised enough - too much, really.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    With a large majority of the country polling that they don't WANT ObamaCare, now that they're seeing how it will affect them, I don't see a down-side to the Republicans' continuing to fight to get rid of it.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Remember - essential functions of the .gov will remain at work, like TSA gropers, and anything that generates a user fee. If they follow the playbook from the last shutdown they will post armed guards along the Appalachian Trail to enforce it's closed-ness.

Wanna bet NICS goes down? But your guns before the end of the month or through private sales.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Remember - essential functions of the .gov will remain at work, like TSA gropers, and anything that generates a user fee. If they follow the playbook from the last shutdown they will post armed guards along the Appalachian Trail to enforce it's closed-ness.

Wanna bet NICS goes down? But your guns before the end of the month or through private sales.
    I thought the exact same thing. First to go down, last to come back.:twocents:

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013

Yeah, everyone should panic and go free for all on guns and ammo.

Listen for the laughter and see who's laughing all the way to the bank.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seriously? Every poll I have heard about in the last year has not been a fan of the ACA and not just the ones on FOX or INGO

Actually many of those stats are misleading. Believe it or not, but many people don't like the ACA because it doesn't go far enough. Kinda scary.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Saying the House voted to shutdown gov't is the same as saying people who voted for Gary Johnson actually voted for Obama.

Top Bottom