• ...and so much more!
  • tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I got a 23 lb. Tom with a 9 1/2" beard and 1 1/8" spurs last Thursday evening and my Dad got a 19 lb. Tom with a 9 3/4" beard and 7/8" spurs last Friday evening. Not much gobbling after flydown this season and very sparse in the afternoon as well. All in all it was a good season though. Congrats to everyone who was successful this spring, and to those who were not, good luck this fall.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I got a 23 lb. Tom with a 9 1/2" beard and 1 1/8" spurs last Thursday evening and my Dad got a 19 lb. Tom with a 9 3/4" beard and 7/8" spurs last Friday evening. Not much gobbling after flydown this season and very sparse in the afternoon as well. All in all it was a good season though. Congrats to everyone who was successful this spring, and to those who were not, good luck this fall.
    Hey congratulations to you and your dad. Well done.

We heard almost no gobbling after flydown all season. These birds are tough enough to kill when they`re talking to you, but when they don`t answer, you don`t know if they`re even there at all, of if they`re there if they`re interested, or if they`re coming in, or...man, it`s just a tough hunt. But you guys figured it out. Congratulations.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Thanks. It was mostly being at the right place at the right time. We had a thunderstorm coming in and the bird I shot started gobbling at that. That's the only reason I knew he was there. He had 2 buddies with him. I had to wait till they separated enough to shoot mine. Then I saw I shot off a thumb sized tree about 10 yards out. I didn't realize how much shot got soaked up by the saplings and brush until the after action review. I am probably pretty lucky I got him, when it was all said and done.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Thanks. It was mostly being at the right place at the right time. We had a thunderstorm coming in and the bird I shot started gobbling at that. That's the only reason I knew he was there. He had 2 buddies with him. I had to wait till they separated enough to shoot mine. Then I saw I shot off a thumb sized tree about 10 yards out. I didn't realize how much shot got soaked up by the saplings and brush until the after action review. I am probably pretty lucky I got him, when it was all said and done.

Practice and preparation makes luck!

likeanantelope

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2014
    South bend
    I got a late draw at Kingsbury and had no luck. Birds would gobble on roost, fly down and shut up. Stayed as late as i could but they had no interest in leaving hens that they already had. Lol

Top Bottom