• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Tried this tonight, sorry if a repost. Tasty sweet and nice bit of heat, not nearly as dangerous as the label suggests. Pretty mild IMHO.
    Not sure of the pepper content in this barbecue sauce.

It us UNLIKE Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce which is flat out brootal.

I may have to shoot a small doe this year just to slather the whole thing in this stuff :)

safe_image.php

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Marsh has it.

Of course people from work hammered my local store, but I found a couple bottles way back on the shelf. IIRC, it was on sale, 2 for 6 bucks with card.

Plastic 15 oz bottle.

Edit: Just did some more chicken for lunch, 20% covering...........nose running, coughing, clearin' me right up! (the lil woman had the window open last night and I woke up with allergies in full rage). Good burn, tingling still, but not bad. I think the stuff lesser in damage capability than BW3 Caribbean Jerk. That stuff now and then, similar burn IMHO..........but it hurts the roof of my mouth, bout 50% of the time. No burn, just pain.

This stuff, no problem :)

001.jpg

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    News flash............label says "Ghost Roast", not Ghost Pepper, and don't see it listed in ingredients.

Good stuff, but must apologize for misleading thread title. Guess the label hype fooled me :(

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Side note of some humor..........

5 drops of Dave's Ghost Pepper Sauce in my little bowl of chili at work. 4 would have been perfect, 5 was a bit warm LOL. Dude across from table got a dollop, maybe 8-10 drops worth (compared to mine). Told him as the goodness sat on his blob of cheese to "scoop that off".

Didn't listen.

He made 9 bites and it shut him down. Thought he was going to have to leave work early.

This Hoosier Daddy Ghost Roast is not in the same class, sweet flavor with just the right amount of heat. Drizzled on chicken strips you can eat a whole mess of the stuff with no fear.

CopperT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I tried part of a ghost pepper on a bet and I thought my mouth was on fire. It kept getting hotter and hotter and nothing would cool it down. I try to stay away from anything that says it has Ghost Peppers in it. LOL

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah if it had any bhut jolokia in it, it couldn't be much. I have seeds for those and I'm unwilling to handle them without gloves. I just want to extract some oleoresin capsicum.

Top Bottom