• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    As isolated as Hawaii is compared to say Illinois, it should be an interesting statistical analysis case

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As isolated as Hawaii is compared to say Illinois, it should be an interesting statistical analysis case

Even with a permit, it's going to be very hard to EDC legally. The list of places off limits is pretty lengthy. I can carry there under LEOSA, but would have to comply with all local regulations to include registering my handgun with the local police if I stay more than 5 days. I'm not going to do that, so I'm not carrying. If a sea turtle eats me while I was unarmed, I guess I knew the risks.

Seriously, it's a move in the right direction and hopefully that continues, but there's a lot more chipping to be done in HI.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Even with a permit, it's going to be very hard to EDC legally. The list of places off limits is pretty lengthy. I can carry there under LEOSA, but would have to comply with all local regulations to include registering my handgun with the local police if I stay more than 5 days. I'm not going to do that, so I'm not carrying. If a sea turtle eats me while I was unarmed, I guess I knew the risks.

Seriously, it's a move in the right direction and hopefully that continues, but there's a lot more chipping to be done in HI.
    He's right. As I have said before, this will be a long fight, analogous to Reconstruction and the Civil Rights Movement.

Everyone go read a book on the history of Southern Reconstruction.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    HI is incredibly restrictive, but at least it's moving in the right direction.
    All the US "island paradises" are horrible for gun rights. Not just the state of Hawaii.

American Samoa.... might as well be DC
    Guam. Getting better, still has FOID requirements
    Northern Mariana Islands used to be as bad as DC, but a bunch of ex Military guys routinely sue the hell out of the territory to get laws overturned.
    Puerto Rico. Fairly bad, but at least lacks a magazine restriction law.
    United States Virgin Islands. Pretty bad, one step below DC

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    As bad as Hawaii is I found New Jersey to be worse.
    Being stationed in those states is about as bad as being deployed in a foreign country when it comes to firearms.
    NJ is absolutely ridiculous vis-a-vis being anti 2A. The sheeples keep voting for all this anti gun BS and yet the real crime rates do not go down. I grew up in NJ but thankfully moved my family to Indiana 17+ years ago and never looked back. Thank you Indiana for adopting me and my family! Peace.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Jersey, the only state that thinks your too stupid to pump your own gas.
    You forgot Oregon.

Edit: whoops it was already mentioned.

Should watch some of the news coverage of it from when they decided to allow some exceptions. People losing their mind about how dangerous it will be.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I grew up in NJ but thankfully moved my family to Indiana 17+ years ago and never looked back. Thank you Indiana for adopting me and my family!
    You realize you're still on double secret probation, right? Gotta watch those Jersyites like a hawk...

:cool:

Top Bottom