• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I was watching late night tv. A show called Vegas Strip was on. It follows what appears to Las Vegas Metro Police on the strip. When they would show the names of the officers it would say that they were officer whatever then it would have Homeland Security Saturation Team. Started to do some research to see if they were local or fed and who pays them. After Googleing it couldnt really find any good info on who they are. I did find a article that talked about them and their teams the officers themselves said their main focus was terrioist but the show has them dealing with common everday stuff. Also from the two shows that Ive seen they to let everyone go after putting them in handcuffs and telling them they are going to jail.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Vegas would be a prime terrorist target, More than New York city even with both being seen as Wicked cities.

Homeland Security Saturation Team well my trash man is a sanitation engineer,

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Vegas would be a prime terrorist target, More than New York city even with both being seen as Wicked cities.

Homeland Security Saturation Team well my trash man is a sanitation engineer,

If terrorists really hated us because of our sinful, decadent western ways then why did they fly jets into the Pentagon and World Trade Center? Those are in no way symbolic of our "wicked" ways. They ARE however symbolic of our military and economic intervention in foreign countries. Hmmm

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Lets see the pentagon is not an Evil City to US. Maybe it is to them. The world trade center is a symbol of capitolism to us and economic depravity to them. To me corporate raiders and the military industiral complex's greed (Halaberton) are more evil than SIN CITY. Then again i like a good Poker game.

Then again I think Wal-mart, Mc donalds and Disney are Evil. Still the vegas strip is one of the most visited areas for travelers in The USA. It is much more about corporate rofits now than it ever was in the heyday of the chicago mob.

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Lets see the pentagon is not an Evil City to US. Maybe it is to them. The world trade center is a symbol of capitolism to us and economic depravity to them. To me corporate raiders and the military industiral complex's greed (Halaberton) are more evil than SIN CITY. Then again i like a good Poker game.

Then again I think Wal-mart, Mc donalds and Disney are Evil. Still the vegas strip is one of the most visited areas for travelers in The USA. It is much more about corporate rofits now than it ever was in the heyday of the chicago mob.

You talk like you think people trying to make money with their business is evil. As for Wal-mart, check out Penn & Teller's show Bull---- sometime and see their episode on it. And Vegas, why SHOULD it be about anything other than corporate profits?

Regardless, the point I was implying is that I think the idea that we were attacked just because we like free markets and walmart and strippers or whatever is bogus. I think it's exceedingly clear that we were attacked because of repeated, unwanted economic, political, and military intervention into sovereign states. We've spent the past 80 years or so toppling democratically elected leaders and then funding and arming dictators. This has happened quite a bit in the middle east, and I think that the people there got really sick of our constant interfering and decided to commit a terrorist attack.

It could be argued that it was the evil capitalists in the military industrial complex that were the driving force, but that wouldn't really be capitalism. I don't think they really care that we're mostly Christian, still have premarital sex, and are saturated with sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Not enough to plot an elaborate attack and kill themselves in the process anyway.

The fact also remains that Vegas, while popular and decadent, doesn't represent the evil pseudo-capitalism that has engendered so much hate around the world.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I'm on a saturation team as well. I take the donut and dunk it into the coffee until it's good and saturated, and then I eat it! I use the term "team" loosely, it's really only me.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'm on a saturation team as well. I take the donut and dunk it into the coffee until it's good and saturated, and then I eat it! I use the term "team" loosely, it's really only me.

I'm on the specialized Oreo saturation unit. We use two K-9s to sniff out the offending packages, dip them in a special white-colored solution, and dispose of them appropriately.

Top Bottom