• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badbjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Winamac, IN
    I have a holster attached to the side of the seat in my vehicle. I do this because in a venture van there is no good way to draw during a carjacking attempt without pulling up the armrest and unhooking the seatbelt. This way the firearm is VERY accessable but at the same time sits just below seat level. Does anybody else have a setup like this? Does anybody leave their weapon in its holster in the LOCKED vehicle during the day? Or has anybody been pulled over with a setup like this?

I would have posted a pic but I left the cable at home...

smooth308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2008
    Martinsville,IN
    I kinda do i have a silverado and about the same circumstance i put my model sixty smith between the seats still in the holster makes for easy access and yes i have been pulled over once with it there the officer didnt ask if i had a gun in the vehicle so i didnt disclose that info just keep my hands were he could see them and didnt make any sudden movements when he asked me for my registration and insurance info moved slow but steady i think the glove box is a very bad place to keep a firearm cuz were is the first place u go when pulled over and sum forget they even had on in there good way to get shot just my two sence

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    In my wife's car, she has a great little slot on the side of the center console right below the dashboard that fits most of my handguns well. I can slide the gun in and just the handle sticks out. The firearm ends up right next to my knee, easy to reach.

In my truck I usually use the armrest for storage. Not the best solution, but in a separate place than my insurance info, etc.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    In my little pick up my pouch lays perfectly right behind the passengers seat within easy and quick reach, but completely out of sight.

HOWEVER,
    I have been pulled over and I ALWAYS tell the officer as soon as he gets to my window that I am a CC permit holder.
    The last thing I want to do is find myself looking down the barrel of a surprised officers gun after he see's mine without knowing it is there.

Just saying, it's what I do, not saying what anyone else should do.
    travelkit4et0.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I own a full-size chevy truck with a bench seat. Other than leaving it in the holster on the seat next to me, I have a seat cover that has pockets in the bottom front of the seat where I can half-ass conceal the holster. Either way I go, I'm "exposed" should I get pulled over. I plan on "accidently" handing over my LTCH with my DL to the officer anyway so if/when he does see my baby he won't freak out. As I posted in another thread, I had planned on making an "Oh ****" panel to stash my gun but one that had easy access like a kick-a-button-out-pops-a-slot-with-a-gun type OS panel... Other than that, all I can do is carry at 2-3 o'clock IWB and sweat the details later...

BTW, the panel idea was just that... an idea. I might actually do it with my next truck which, if anyone buys my truck, I already have waiting on me...

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Greetings, fellow Venture owner. I keep mine IWB generally and don't feel like I have an access problem. However, if your Venture is like mine and has pockets on the back of the front seat, one alternative is to put the pistol in the pocket behind the front passenger seat. A simple reach behind the seat into the pocket and you have ready access. This could be aided by putting the passenger seat slightly forward of your driving positon.

Of course, if you are carting kids to soccer practice, the pocket idea is out. But, then if you are carting kids to soccer practice in a Venture, you got bigger problems that where to stow your gun.

As a smart-mouth middle school kid mocked me a few weeks ago, "Men don't drive Ventures!" :lmfao:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    That's right! I'm FORCED to drive a Pile-o-trash Poop-Port! (translated Pontiac TransSport) :n00b:

I share your pain! When we upgraded from one to two kids, my wife thought we really should have a mini-van. She is a very practical woman, and I readily agreed with her about the practicality.

We got that thing home, and she said, "Oh, I don't want to drive a van all the time. I'd much rather drive the car." I've been in a van since the mid 80's. :xmad:

That woman has me whipped.:whip:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    "Oh, I don't want to drive a van all the time. I'd much rather drive the car."
    That woman has me whipped.:whip:

I'd rather drive a truck! But I just bought a $50 dirt bike to fix up so I can drive it to work! :P My truck is still for sell though.

BTW, all our women have us :whip: in one way or another!! If they didn't, we wouldn't waste our time being with them! Oh so Natalie keeps telling me... :n00b:

Top Bottom