• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've been researching the Holosun EPS and SCS carry and I don't know which to choose. Anybody have any personal reviews on either or both?
    Kind of comes down to whether you want to be able to change batteries and if you want to be able to manually adjust brightness and if you are good with green reticle.

I can't speak to the SCS carry but I do have an EPS carry and I like it a good bit. Mine is not the MRS version (6MOA green dot is what I have) so no auto brightness on mine

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I have two EPS Carry MRS.

I consider the EPS Carry to be the sweet spot between shootability and a low profile optic.

I previously had a Delta Point Micro on an M&P compact. It has a very low profile, but was a very perishable skill. The EPS Carry is far more forgiving at presentation, for a minimal amount of additional vertical bulk.

Get an enclosed optic.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have two EPS Carry MRS.

I consider the EPS Carry to be the sweet spot between shootability and a low profile optic.

I previously had a Delta Point Micro on an M&P compact. It has a very low profile, but was a very perishable skill. The EPS Carry is far more forgiving at presentation, for a minimal amount of additional vertical bulk.

Get an enclosed optic.
    Both the EPS and the SCS carry he mentioned are enclosed optics

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    No experience with the SCS but love my EPS carry MRS red. I don’t see green as well so YMMV. I also am not sure about the permanent battery in the SCS.

BackFromDC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    I just looked into this comparison myself. Everyone seemed to go with the EPS Carry for the k-footprint. The SCS really seemed to shine for other proprietary footprint for direct mounting, like Walther PDP 2.0 or Glock MOS. For some, the battery tray is a make-or-break qualifier, so I get the apprehension to the internal non-changeable battery for SCS.

Both are enclosed emitters and have solarcell, but the SCS k-footprint seemed to lack a few options compared to the EPS Carry, like choice of reticles and color. I think the SCS has a lightly bigger window.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom