• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Silly politicians. Why don't they just pass a law to make it illegal for drug cartel members to own guns? Wait, wait, wait, I have it. Why don't they require drug cartel members to register as drug cartel members?

Geez, if I can solve the problem so easily, why is it so hard for the government to do it?

You're not thinking big enough. Why not just pass a law banning Mexican drug cartels?

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    The one industry that doesn't need a bail-out and they want to put the brakes on it, and I'm talking about the gun industry (even though I'm sure that the drug industry is doing fine!). I really thought that the current administration would hold off, but since they are not, we need to make them pay the political price. As others have posted before me, we need to be active, join a pro gun group, and write letters and call our politicians.

The other side of it, as stated before, is what does the Mexican problem have to do with us, other than an excuse to emplace non-sensical legislation relating to guns If they applied the same logic to the automobiles we drive everyday (and how many people are killed by those in relation to guns), there would be a revolution before we were forced to drive model-t's and horses.

I think(hope) that the administration has made a bad calculation on this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I had 20 new AR mags listed in the classifieds for $15 each and got nothing but rude comments. That's what they charge for them at the gun shows. Within hours of this thread being posted, I got 2 pm's wanting to buy some of them. Go figure. I didn't need to sell them and I'll just go ahead and keep them now. Sorry guys.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Since all of us, unlike the left wing anti gun idiots pushing this idea, know that criminals belonging to a drug cartel are probably quite willing and able to still purchase any weapons that they want from other sources. They will be disarming law abiding US citizens (as they normally want to do) in the face of what some believe may be an upcoming Mexican drug cartel invasion of the US... You just have to marvel at the brilliance of these people.

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    Just sent this to both of our elites: (feel free to copy and send too if you want)

Dear Senator Lugar (Bayh),

I can't express to you strong enough my objections to ANY kind of additional infringements of my Second Amendment Rights from the Obama administration in the form of an Assault Weapons Ban or H.R. 45 if either ever makes it to a vote. I respectfully remind you that as our Indiana Representative at the U.S. Government level, we are a gun friendly state and take personal protection and owning firearms without being molested by any government very seriously and our voting record will reflect sharply how you represent us as a state.

Regards,

Scott Gerber

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    this has nothing to do with drugs or mexicans or cartels and everything to do with disarming American citizens. to continue talking about drug cartels is wasting time. we need to be preparing for the invasion.

they are coming for us.

Swapfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Greenwood
    Mexico

As an American Citizen I do not in any way, shape or form, intend to sacrifice my God given liberties, for the assistance of any country with any problem that they might have. I don't give a crap about being PC and I do have compassion for any innocent person being violated in another country, but this does not justify a reduction in my freedoms. Even if it would help, I ain't interested in that approach. I would be willing to work on the border as a service to my country or assist in the electrocution of convicted cartel members, burry drug runner bodies, or other real things in service to my fellow man. However, I can't help but be disgusted everytime I think about this. :xmad:

I would like to ask what you guys think would happen if they ban a particular style of gun? Do you think that they would require us to surrender those weapons to the authorities? Would it be likely that they would "grandfather" our existing guns? I guess what I am asking is: If I abide by the letter of the law, could I lose thousands of dollars worth of my guns that I legally own now? I haven't really thoght about this and would just like to get an idea of what will happen.

Greg

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I would like to ask what you guys think would happen if they ban a particular style of gun? Do you think that they would require us to surrender those weapons to the authorities? Would it be likely that they would "grandfather" our existing guns? I guess what I am asking is: If I abide by the letter of the law, could I lose thousands of dollars worth of my guns that I legally own now? I haven't really thoght about this and would just like to get an idea of what will happen.

Greg

well duh we would obviously have a HUGE INGO boat party.:D

Swapfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Greenwood
    Boat

I would love to come to the party for sure. I must warn you that I am very accident prone with my boat. I feel like it might capsize at any moment. :):

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I was also present at the sale of many firearms by group members to unknown parties that appeared to legitimate and legal sales. No one took names as that is not required by the law.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well it would of course be a gun free boat so we have to check them at the door and pull the gun pile behind of us in a unstable but perfectly safe canoe.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne

banning one 'style' of gun is how it starts. once as many of those are turned in as will be, then they ban the next one, until they are all banned. that's what the brits did.

i suggest we not surrender our unalienable rights, particularly the right to bear arms, as this one defends the others. As FREE men we must be willing to uphold our Liberty. Even if some of us have to pay the ultimate sacrifice, as surely many will, as many already have. Think about your children and your children's children when and if that time comes. Do you not want to bequeath unto them the same Liberty that you father and his father left to you?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    The one industry that doesn't need a bail-out and they want to put the brakes on it, and I'm talking about the gun industry (even though I'm sure that the drug industry is doing fine!). I really thought that the current administration would hold off, but since they are not, we need to make them pay the political price. As others have posted before me, we need to be active, join a pro gun group, and write letters and call our politicians.

The other side of it, as stated before, is what does the Mexican problem have to do with us, other than an excuse to emplace non-sensical legislation relating to guns If they applied the same logic to the automobiles we drive everyday (and how many people are killed by those in relation to guns), there would be a revolution before we were forced to drive model-t's and horses.

I think(hope) that the administration has made a bad calculation on this.

Excuse me! I thought that the Obamaination had promised to SAVE/CREATE jobs, not create more unemployment! :xmad:

It's too bad we can't have Obama and his "good buddies" removed from office for being TRAITORS and/or mentally insane! :D

Top Bottom