• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    here's the deal I already on a Glock 19. I'm looking to purchase another handgun. I understand the HK and the sig are at a higher price point than a Glock 17.

does anyone have personal opinions of each of the three guns?

primary use include home defense and concealed carry.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I can only speak for the HK P30 and the 17 because I have owned both. I think either is a great choice but probably would sway towards the 17 since you already have the 19 and are familiar with the trigger etc. You have about a 350.00 difference in price with that being said some think the Glock trigger needs a little help and I just had a guy work on the trigger of my 23 from Indy for 100.00 and it is really sweet! So lets see Glock 17 about 550.00, night sights 150.00? and throw in a little love on the trigger and to me perfect home defense or carry gun!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I've owned all 3, still have the HK P30. Following is my opinion only.

Sig is a great shooter, but heavy, I liked it, & if only looking for HD, it would be a great choice. Nice trigger, decent ergo, mine was accurate & 100%.

I've tried Glocks more than 1x, I just don't like how they feel, & hate their triggers. I will admit I shoot them very well. If you like your Glock, you'll like another.

HK P30 has best ergo of the 3, accuracy between them I say is same, I much prefer shooting my P30 over the others. Sights back on target is quicker, it's comfortable to shoot, I've never considered selling mine (Light LEM Trigger).

Note: Yes the HK bashing will come soon, it's really what you like, what's comfortable for you, & what you trust.

PS: Have you looked @ HK VP9?

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Can not be overstated enough about having the same "platform" and the benefits thereof. I'd recommend a vickers tactical GLOCK 17 for $600

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Any of those 3 would make for a great addition. I"m personally an advocate for standardization especially if you are going to swap between platforms often so I'd say Glock...but if you are leaning toward the 17 why not go just a bit further and get the Glock 34. Same size frame as the 17, longer barrel but a lighter slide than the 17. I love my G34 and it is the perfect big brother to my 19.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I've owned all 3, still have the HK P30. Following is my opinion only.

Sig is a great shooter, but heavy, I liked it, & if only looking for HD, it would be a great choice. Nice trigger, decent ergo, mine was accurate & 100%.

I've tried Glocks more than 1x, I just don't like how they feel, & hate their triggers. I will admit I shoot them very well. If you like your Glock, you'll like another.

HK P30 has best ergo of the 3, accuracy between them I say is same, I much prefer shooting my P30 over the others. Sights back on target is quicker, it's comfortable to shoot, I've never considered selling mine (Light LEM Trigger).

Note: Yes the HK bashing will come soon, it's really what you like, what's comfortable for you, & what you trust.

PS: Have you looked @ HK VP9?

I was literally going to type all of this again, but my sentiments are EXACTLY the same. I mean word for word! My VP9 gets back on target faster than my p30 for sure though.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You said primary use of this new gun would be HD or carry. You already have a G19 which can pull double duty already in both those roles. I'd buy something that's fun for the range if you're looking to just add to your collection. There's a lot of good full size duty guns out there. Can attach a light to it for HD then take the light off and go to the range with it. If you're already familiar with strikers and shoot them well then stay with them. But there's nothing wrong with Hk, sigs, or cz

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    OP, if you have a G19 and are happy with it, why not another G19?

The benefits of having multiple copies of the same firearm are underestimated by many.

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Any of those 3 would make for a great addition. I"m personally an advocate for standardization especially if you are going to swap between platforms often so I'd say Glock...but if you are leaning toward the 17 why not go just a bit further and get the Glock 34. Same size frame as the 17, longer barrel but a lighter slide than the 17. I love my G34 and it is the perfect big brother to my 19.

Kinda leaning towards this...

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Kinda leaning towards this...

I seriously cannot say enough great things about my G34. It is a Gen 4 so you get the larger magazine release, dual-spring recoil spring, the backstraps and 3 mags. I've upgraded mine from stock to having a Heinie Slant Pro black rear sight and a Hi Viz fiber optic front which is a huge improvement over the stock sights. And last month I opted to push it even further and replaced some springs with a Ghost Ultimate connector and spring kit. Took a good trigger and made it much better and lighter...my 34 is my primary competition gun but I wouldn't hesitate to carry it. Quickly approaching 6k rounds in a short time and I love the gun the more I shoot it.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have also owned all three. All three are great guns, but if you are already proficient with the Glock, I would recommend the G17.

The Sig has a higher bore axis than the Glock. You would be transitioning from striker fire to DA/SA.

The HK has great ergonomics, but also DA/SA. If you went with HK, as mentioned before, I would look at the VP9. Also, HK has a different mag release that can take some getting used to.

All great guns. No bad choices. But of the three, I would go with the G17. If you are looking at something else to conceal, maybe a G26? Then you can use the G19 mags at the range.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    The HK P30 is a really nice pistol. I have one in .40 S&W and it's a great looker and a great shooter. I knew I never should have picked it up at the store because it was on sale. Once in my hand it felt perfect (still does) I was going to have to buy it... Oh well...

Anyway, I can't imagine using it as an EDC mostly because it's too nice to get banged up from everyday use. That's what Glocks are for.

ncuster852

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2014
    Brownsburg
    Carry a P229 80% of the time. Good holster and belt are a REQUIREMENT for that gun, but it is absolutely do-able. It is probably my favorite of all my carry guns. (Shhhh don't tell the others....)

ncuster852

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2014
    Brownsburg
    We just sold a Vickers G17 (Ft Liberty) for $599. More 17's are available at that price if you want em. 19's are currently out at our distributor.

Top Bottom