• ...and so much more!
  • mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Hey Ya'll.....
    I'm not knocking them, just don't know, so I'm.asking, Why does it seem that Hipoint guns seem lower in prices, on here and Armslist?
    Would they be a good 'dirty gun' ( no paper trail) gun to have when the man comes knocking on the door to raid my gun safe?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    What?? Did I upset someone?

no, your post just seems like you are trying to stir the pot. if you actually want to know why hipoints are cheap, its because they are made cheaply out of cheap materials and with cheap processes.

as for the "dirty gun" comment, how would a hipoint have any less of a "paper trail" than any other gun? this question is precisely why it feels like you are trolling.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Im not sure what trolling means, and as you can tell I've only been a member of the form for about a month now. The only way someone is going to learn about something is to ask. And by the responces I got, I guess I asked the wrong question. If I offend you,or someone you didn't have to make the new guy feel like crap or down grading me. It seems like your ' trolling' this web site to go and correct every little mistake people say or do... Sorry for ruining your web site.
    As far as having a gun with paper trail, buying used, from a private individual,Ive been told by many of my co workers, who live and breath firmarms,it would be nice to have a gun that has no form of getting back to you. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Ha... Then I say I sold it Mr turnandshoot4, but I guess if we use our heads like we a suppose to, we'll cover our butts when we buy/sell private. Which I haven't done

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Ha... Then I say I sold it Mr turnandshoot4, but I guess if we use our heads like we a suppose to, we'll cover our butts when we buy/sell private. Which I haven't done

If you've ever filled out a 4473, then they already know.

I've had no boating accident. I have plenty of firearms.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Im not sure what trolling means, and as you can tell I've only been a member of the form for about a month now. The only way someone is going to learn about something is to ask. And by the responces I got, I guess I asked the wrong question. If I offend you,or someone you didn't have to make the new guy feel like crap or down grading me. It seems like your ' trolling' this web site to go and correct every little mistake people say or do... Sorry for ruining your web site.
    As far as having a gun with paper trail, buying used, from a private individual,Ive been told by many of my co workers, who live and breath firmarms,it would be nice to have a gun that has no form of getting back to you. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

I personally didn't think you were trolling, it honestly sounded like a question from someone fairly new to guns and just asking around. I wouldn't take the responses to heart, just shrug it off and don't worry about it. That's just my :twocents:.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    Trust me I didn't. Im sure I know a lot about something they might not know..
    And thanks for your 2 cents, now I have like 5 cents because I lost 1..yeah that was kinda lame its getting late.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

Welcome to INGO :ingo: (and pretty much any other web forum). Don't buy the Hi-Point, bottom line with no offense implied. There is a trail that will lead back to you--whether or not it is on paper. If a bad guy comes to your door, you're much better off defending yourself with a high quality, reliable firearm. In fact, you'd be much better off greeting the would-be intruder with a shotgun. The legal ramifications (which might not be any) will be the same.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Not sure how they are now, but when they first came out, big and bulky, may fire may not, if it did'nt shoot you could throw it at someone and knock them out. And the only stupid question is the one not asked.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    I have had a couple of HiPoints in the past and found them to be good for playing around with. They are very heavy, rattle when you shake them and are pretty ugly to look at... That said, they do go bang when you pull the trigger. If its what you can afford for home defense then by all means buy one but if you are looking for a carry weapon I would stay away from them. The carbines are pretty good for the price, I have a 995TS that I really like, keep it and three mags at the ready in my bedroom.

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    That's the info I was looking for, thank you. As for a carry, to protect me and my family, I'm thinking either a Glock 23 or a Xdm. I just saw a . 45 Hipoint in Classified for $175. And like you said to have a gun just to play around with, take it completely apart, explore the guts, kinda like the first small block I built when I has in High School. Thank you all for your input, good or not so good. :))))

Top Bottom