• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    What do you think of the 45? I already have a 9mm, and was looking for something bigger and thought for all the already stated reasons that it could be a good one.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    What do you think of the 45? I already have a 9mm, and was looking for something bigger and thought for all the already stated reasons that it could be a good one.

That's my newest H/P. I took it down to Atterbury and ran 200 rnds. through it without one single malfunction!! Quite accurate too. However, I must tell you that it is one big and heavy pistol!!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    i got a .45 and for the price i think there hard to beat, my wife shoots the .45 better than my ruger 9mm.
    i got mine in a trade and was going to trade it off, but she really like it so it stays..lol

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    In my opinion. They are alright guns for the money. No they are not durable like a Glock. No they are not hi capacity. But the one's ive seen and handled first hand have worked. For 150 dollars new should be reason enough to have one in my opinion if not anything else just for plinking. The unlimited warranty is a plus too. But as others have said, I wouldn't consider it for use as a CCW gun or for self defense. More of a range toy. But like I said... in my opinion. I think they are fine guns for the money. :D

demmons

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    I have a 9mm and love it. I sent it in for FTF problems after about 500 rounds. It came back with a hand written letter stating what had been done. "Replace the slide Firing pin, mag catch, and springs. Test fired and sent an extra clip for you troubles." Took less then two weeks from my door to my door. Talk about great customer service. Betten then 1000 rounds sense not problem one. Would highly recomend to anyone. Also have a 9mm carbine talk about a blast to shoot. Love em or leave em best customer service I have every gotten.

witham79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    indiana
    i have had several high points and still own a few.i have never had a problem with breaking parts or not firing i know some gun shops talk them down because they cannot sell there fancy five hundred dollar modles.but for the long run not a bad gun

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Great cheap gun to keep in the car. Cheap enough to keep one in every car, boat, backpack, briefcase, etc. Besides if you run out of ammo, it makes a great club - maybe even a hammer.

BerettaBarbie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Carmel, IN
    My Fiancee used to carry a Hi-Point 9mm for work, he needed a gun for his job and it was easy for us to afford right then. It worked great (and still does) every time, no problems. He has upgraded to a Glock, but we still have the Hi-Point and still use it at the range.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    every time these hipoint threads come up I read them, and the previous ones that someone always posts up, and consume about a half hour reading everyones opinions. I wouldn't mind having one, but I always shy away. I read something about someone wanting to purchase one when they go camping, etc, so if they dropped it in a creek they would not be worried....what I want to know is will it still run after ingesting water, dust, dirt, or others? I'm not talking about packing it full of mud, but if you drop that brick in a creek, it will go down to the muck... I'd like to see a torture test on one to see if they are good or not. So far I've read stuff that is mostly judgemental, or simple stuff that could be addressed with new mags, or feed ramp polishing

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    every time these hipoint threads come up I read them, and the previous ones that someone always posts up, and consume about a half hour reading everyones opinions. I wouldn't mind having one, but I always shy away. I read something about someone wanting to purchase one when they go camping, etc, so if they dropped it in a creek they would not be worried....what I want to know is will it still run after ingesting water, dust, dirt, or others? I'm not talking about packing it full of mud, but if you drop that brick in a creek, it will go down to the muck... I'd like to see a torture test on one to see if they are good or not. So far I've read stuff that is mostly judgemental, or simple stuff that could be addressed with new mags, or feed ramp polishing

Maybe we can get ingo to sponsor this?:rolleyes:

BUt yeah i thought the same thing the other day, i figured no matter what i did to a gun id always try and salvage it.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    i just don't understand. I love my pistols, but should it get nicked or scratched serving it's purpose so be it. These people are saying, I'll take the hipoint along so if I drop it on a rock...oh well. I'd rather drop a kimber and know it will fire when I pick it up. This is the point I was getting at.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

It's been my experience that most people who bad-mouth H/P's have never even owned one and are simply repeating the same old crap that they've heard from others (who probably were also just playing parrot). Also many that I've questioned who claim that they have tried one and had poor results didn't even give it a chance to break-in before giving up on it. Let's see...... buy a $1,000 custom 1911 and understand it needs to be broken-in , but expect a $150 gun to be flawless right out of the box?!?!? :rolleyes:

The best advice I can give you is to read what that actual owners of these guns have to say. There are tons of real-life stories and great tech tips here. CLICKY ----> Hipoint Firearms Forums - Index

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!! :rockwoot: :patriot:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I've owned them, they are reliable, accurate, heavy, and ugly. Best warranty and customer service in the business. Don't believe the hate.

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Guns005.jpg

I just got a C9 and put 400 rounds through it. I was very Impressed and this is not my first rodeo by a long shot........

Although it did require some break in, it is 100% on the money down range at 25-40 feet! I feel for range and Home Defense it is a perfect way to express ones self for not alot of $$CASH$$, and the factory uses only "AMERICAN MADE" parts to put it together! Imagine that!

Lifetime warranty to all owners as well..........

LET'S SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO HAS THE RIGHT IDEA......

Not to say you can't experience a problem anywhere though.

bramer89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    i have almost bought one on several occasions but haven't bc of the old saying "you get what you pay for" may reconsider though

accurate and reliable for cheap...can't beat that

Last edited by a moderator:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    i have almost bought one on several occasions but haven't bc of the old saying "you get what you pay for" may reconsider though

accurate and reliable for cheap...can't beat that

Here's the thing - let's say you got one that was unreliable - there is simply no firearms company who will make it right as quickly and well as Hi Point. This is the case whether you bought it new, or if you are the tenth owner. I had a carbine I bought used at a gun show for $130, but it didn't have a scope mount. I called the company to see if I could buy one - they had one to me in a couple of days for free.

I sold my pistol, thought I didn't have a use for it. Now I wish I'd kept it because summer is coming and when I'm mowing my two acres or working outside doing dirty landscaping around my place, it would the perfect gun to wear, 'cause I would just wipe it off when I'm done. I don't really want to wear my beloved CZ P01, or my 1911 and be picking grass out of it.

I may just buy another Hi Point after all.

Concrete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Merrillville
    I just got a C9 and put 400 rounds through it. I was very Impressed and this is not my first rodeo by a long shot........

Although it did require some break in, it is 100% on the money down range at 25-40 feet! I feel for range and Home Defense it is a perfect way to express ones self for not alot of $$$, and the factory uses only "AMERICAN MADE" parts to put it together! Imagine that!

Lifetime warranty to all owners as well........
    LET'S SUPPORT SOMEONE WHO HAS THE RIGHT IDEA......
    Not to say you can't experience a problem anywhere though.

Good for you DirtyHarry, I think you'll like it. I have a C9 and think it's a great value. Have put about 600 or so rounds through it without any problems. What more can you ask for when you buy a gun at any price?

I even think they arn't bad looking. Now if I paid $600 for a gun and it looked like a block I'd be Pi$$ed. But what the heck I'm not a gun snob.

Top Bottom