• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    So I've owned a 995 carbine for a while now and have really enjoyed shooting it, i was told not to buy it because high-point was crap and blah blah blah but I just had to have it. I was really impressed by the lifetime warranty no matter who owns it ship it back and they fix anything or replace anything for free even if you break it.The carbine is dead on too, 300 rounds so far and never a FTF or FTE.

Just wondering how people feel about the handguns?I've never known anyone who has had one, and have seen mixed reviews online, just as many people love them seem to hate them also. Not gunna lie, for the price, how accurate, and the fact they will repair it for free no matter if your the first or 99nth owner of the gun, i figured their handguns can't be all bad. :draw:

any ideas? other the uglyness of course! :D

sorry if this has been brought up before

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would recommend a Hi-Point to someone who was in such a financial place that it was simply ALL they could afford to protect themselves.

For the rest of us, there are much higher quality firearms to be had. There should really be no sacrifice when it comes to the quality of the gear that might one day save your life.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think ESRICE makes a good point. If you wanted a Hi-Point for some fun plinking, go for it. But, if it would become the "save your life" gun you may want to think again.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Yeah that was somethign else that got me, high point uses different materials for their guns that were lower in cost(somehow making them extremely heavy) but I figured if the materials they were using were making grenades they wouldn't be in business anymore.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Interesting, seems to be both loved and hated.

Loved by those who own them
    hated mostly by those who have never shot nor owned one

but whats new about guns, seems to be the trend for those who don't like the makers of a certain gun

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I"ve owned two Hi-points. Great company, great guns for what they are. Company mission - to make a reliable firearm that anyone can afford. What they are - reliable and accurate. Yes, reliable. They are not poorly made guns, they're just not elegant. Kind of like the AK, which is made from cheap parts and cheap materials, and is ugly as sin, yet totally reliable.

If you can get past the looks, and you don't need to carry the heavy thing around, you just need a gun that fires every time you pull the trigger, and can hit what you shoot at, and has the best lifetime warranty in the firearms business, the hi-point is a great choice.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    The Carbines are Great.
    The handguns work, but are heavy with about 2x the felt recoil of my FM Hi-Power.
    I did a side by side comparison, with the Wife, and using the same ammo the difference was extremely noticable.

Sold the Hi-Point, kept the FM and the Wife :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Friend of mine used to have one because at the time that was all he could afford. For the money it went bang every time, but ugly like the carbines.

That's why my 995 I got at the last 1500 is waiting for a new suit made by ATI, along with extended cushion butpad and laser sight. Also going to put a better rail on it. All that should be shipped and on this week hopefully.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    If you get one, my recommendation is go with the compact 9. Yes thewy are ugly but in my experience they go bang everytime you squeeze the trigger. Would only carry for defense if that was all I could afford.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I don't know so much it's loved by people who own them and hated by people that don't. I believe it's more along the lines of loved by people who have had good luck. I picked up Mastery's .45 hi point on the boards planning on using it as a spare glove box gun eventually. Took it the range and found it to be extremely partially about the ammo it was fed. When I pulled the trigger it went boom. Whether or not another round was looking down the barrel was another story. Again, I believe having to do with finding ammo the gun likes. That being said, would I carry this on me or grab it first in my home, hell no. But it goes boom and was surprisingly accurate!

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Interesting, seems to be both loved and hated.

Loved by those who own them
    hated mostly by those who have never shot nor owned one

but whats new about guns, seems to be the trend for those who don't like the makers of a certain gun

I have owned a couple and HATED them both. They are a crap!! But what do you expect when you pay $99 for a handgun.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ....but I figured if the materials they were using were making grenades they wouldn't be in business anymore.
    Hey....it worked for Glock. :D I've owned the 995 carbine and the .45 handgun. I bought them both from people that needed fast cash. $50 each I believe. Shot them a little, had a little fun with them and sold them off. They are ugly but in my experience they worked. And they were suprisingly accurate. Would I depend on them to save my life? Only if it was all I had. I probably should have kept them both as camping guns. I'd probably get another 995 some day....for just that purpose if I could find a real deal on one.

And if that's the only gun you have, learn to shoot it, learn what it eats well and keep it clean.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Yeah I had multiple failures with both of them. On average I could shoot about 5 rounds before I was guaranteed some type of failure. I have heard some guys say they did some work to them and corrected some of the reliability problems, personally it's not worth it. I saved my money and got a firearm that would function. There you have it. I just don't like them.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    So I've owned a 995 carbine for a while now and have really enjoyed shooting it, i was told not to buy it because high-point was crap and blah blah blah but I just had to have it. I was really impressed by the lifetime warranty no matter who owns it ship it back and they fix anything or replace anything for free even if you break it.The carbine is dead on too, 300 rounds so far and never a FTF or FTE.

Just wondering how people feel about the handguns?I've never known anyone who has had one, and have seen mixed reviews online, just as many people love them seem to hate them also. Not gunna lie, for the price, how accurate, and the fact they will repair it for free no matter if your the first or 99nth owner of the gun, i figured their handguns can't be all bad. :draw:

any ideas? other the uglyness of course! :D

sorry if this has been brought up before

Opinions from folks who actually own them. CLICKY ---->

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6697c47c8f42d6aede3ba48753ccb7fa;www
    :cheers:

Top Bottom