• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    This thread may have been done before but I cannot find it. Can someone explain to people that just because a gun has a magazine that holds 17 rds it does not make it a hi cap mag. If a gun comes with 13, 15, 17 or 30 rd mags from the factory then that is the standard capacity magazine. A 33 rd glock magazine is a hi cap mag because the 17, 19, and 26 all have lower cap mags that come with the handgun. A 30 rd ak or ar mag is not hi cap. They come with 20 or 30 rd magazines from the factory!

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Preaching to the choir. The libs have a magical number (10) that they think is a good amount of rounds per mag. 11+ is weapons of war, assault type, military type high cap mags. I've tried explaining that to people but...:wallbash:

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Well even people on here in the classifieds say a gun comes with "hi cap mags." Once I question them about it then it is just the magazines that came with the gun from the factory. It's very frustrating.

cjeffrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I was told that my 13 round magazine was hi cap the other day by a guy in my local gun shop. It blew my mind. Always thought they had to be like 20 rounds or more to be considered hi cap.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Standard capacity varies from each design.

It doesn't matter how factual and detailed your conversation with a leftist may be, they do not care about facts.

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    It's all relative guys....would you say a 60" T.V. is a "large screen TV"? yes. but its a standard from a manufacturer....what about gas mileage on a car? a prius get 40+ miles to the gallon. It is classified as high mileage even though it is "standard" for toyota to make it that way. It's a comparison to others out there. Sadly, yes, 30 rounds is "high capacity" in an AR compared to a...I dunno lcp (6+1). Anyways keep that in mind and try to find things to actually be mad about than someone saying a 17 rd magazine is "hi-capacity" over "standard capacity"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's all relative guys....would you say a 60" T.V. is a "large screen TV"? yes. but its a standard from a manufacturer....what about gas mileage on a car? a prius get 40+ miles to the gallon. It is classified as high mileage even though it is "standard" for toyota to make it that way. It's a comparison to others out there. Sadly, yes, 30 rounds is "high capacity" in an AR compared to a...I dunno lcp (6+1). Anyways keep that in mind and try to find things to actually be mad about than someone saying a 17 rd magazine is "hi-capacity" over "standard capacity"

Well how about I get mad when a bunch of people that don't know about guns, or defense try to tell me what I need?

And maybe I would get mad if they were trying to ban other "high capacity" items for no other reason than they are HC.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Since I cut my teeth on revolvers, a 7 shot semi auto was an upgrade. Then they figured out how to make 8 round magazines....big time!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When we argue about what's "high capacity" versus standard, it starts to look like there is some capacity of magazine we would agree to ban.

....so who cares what name they give it. High, standard, super-duper, whatever- leave our mags alone!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom