• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Not to be rude but there are at least a hundred of these "What do you think of a Hi-Point?" threads. Literally a hundred. Usually one or two on the front page at any one time.

I'll sum them up for you.

50% - Ugly. Hate it. Wouldn't trust my life on one. Better than a sharp stick, but not much. You get what you pay for.
    50% - Ugly. Love it. Looks and feels like a brick, but they work. Better than a sharp stick if your budget doesn't allow for fancy sharp sticks. You get what you pay for.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Not to be rude but there are at least a hundred of these "What do you think of a Hi-Point?" threads. Literally a hundred. Usually one or two on the front page at any one time.

50% - Ugly. Hate it. Wouldn't trust my life on one. Better than a sharp stick, but not much. You get what you pay for.
    50% - Ugly. Love it. Looks and feels like a brick, but they work. Better than a sharp stick if your budget doesn't allow for fancy sharp sticks. You get what you pay for.

All that you said above and they are horribly inaccurate. Keyhole shaped holes in the target = tumbling projectile.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I had a standing bet with the guys I used to shoot with competitively. 10 yards, their gun had to shoot n times better than my $100 C9. So if they had a $500 Glock, their groups would have to be 5x better than mine. Any type of stoppage automatically lost the bet.

$100 minimum.

No one ever took me up on it. Ever...

Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Seems like we have been having a lot of hi-point talk lately? I thought prices went up around the 500$ mark. Might as well buy a Glock or a S/w MnP for that price. I think they are cheap, ugly, and unreliable.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I will say one thing. They shoot much better than the ill fated S&W Sigma. The Sigma is the worst handgun I have ever shot.

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    Dislike the hand guns due to the weight, but I really like the carbines. Have a 995 that is near the top of my fav guns.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I had the 995 carbine, I never had any issues with it. Fired flawlessly. I cann't speak for the handguns. I have read numerous reports that no matter weather you are the 1st owner or the 8394233th owner they will replace/repair anything for free as long as its not human error.

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013

:): That about sums it up!

I own the JCP 40 and am happy with this firearm. Sure they are uglier than hell, but exactly what kind of protest is an intruder going to make if you use your Hi Point on them? "Wait a second pal! I have a reputation to keep here! Are you going to shoot me with a Hi-Point? Dont you have a Sig or an H&K laying around instead" ? :):

Hoosierhunter97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Seems like we have been having a lot of hi-point talk lately? I thought prices went up around the 500$ mark. Might as well buy a Glock or a S/w MnP for that price. I think they are cheap, ugly, and unreliable.

Nah. My JCP 40 ran me a whopping $160 before FFL transfer. ;)
    As I said in another thread, it makes a great home defense gun, especially considering that any firearm used to defend yourself, tends to confiscated for "evidence" by the local PD. Would you rather have a $160 gun hauled off to evidence with a great chance of getting it back or your $950 H&K? Especially considering the pricey guns tend to grow legs while residing in evidence lockers or cages. ;)

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I have a Hi-Point 9mm, and love it. Everytime I take it to the range it does great. No FTF, no FTE. Other people with more expensive guns have failures, mine does not.

The last time a friend went with me that had a High Standard .45acp, that thing jammed every 3rd round fired, i`m not joking. My cheapie Hi-Point never jammed once. So you make up your own mind, i`m just saying I love mine.

rdd2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    i got a couple of em i figured if i ran out of bullets i could throw it at em :)
    anyhow i like em do what there supposed to.Few years ago the first time i saw one it was 150 including tax just had to try it,then went back for a spare

kingpin75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    greencastle
    I was at the range yesterday, and somebody had a .40 that he insisted i try. (He was really proud of it). I tried it and was pretty accurate for me. I dont't think i'd buy one, but that's just me.

Top Bottom