• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Anybody have a link to a competition holster rig for a hi point?! :)

No need for a specialized competition holster, any OWB holster that covers the trigger will work for USPSA.

I normally shoot in Limited division, but for the sake of fairness I will run my carry gun and gear in Production division if some enterprising person decides to take me up on the challenge.

The silence from the HP lovers is surprising.

Mr.Lubie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    If someone does take you up on that offer and whoop ya you will be kicking yourself in the butt for entirety :popcorn:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    No need for a specialized competition holster, any OWB holster that covers the trigger will work for USPSA.

I normally shoot in Limited division, but for the sake of fairness I will run my carry gun and gear in Production division if some enterprising person decides to take me up on the challenge.

The silence from the HP lovers is surprising.
    I'm not a competitive shooter. Do you have a link that tells about USPSA, and what is involved? I don't see any reason a Hi Point wouldn't handle it.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I don't know if anybody will be in form or fit to beat BigCraig, but it looks like there are participants waiting to try the shoot with the Hi-Point!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    If someone does take you up on that offer and whoop ya you will be kicking yourself in the butt for entirety :popcorn:

Not likely, I get beat all the time, I will shrug it off, move on and learn from the experience.

I just dont feel a HP is worthy, and I am willing back up my statements with a friendly challenge.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I don't know if anybody will be in form or fit to beat BigCraig, but it looks like there are participants waiting to try the shoot with the Hi-Point!

I am sure there is some young whipper-snapper out there with a HP willing to put a beating on an old, fat, and broken man like me.:)

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I am sure there is some young whipper-snapper out there with a HP willing to put a beating on an old, fat, and broken man like me.:)
    I am most likely older and fatter than you but next time I get to Indy I may have to give this a whirl. How many mags do you need for something like that? I currently only have one for my .45.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I own the newer model Hi-point 9mm carbine...shoots great...eats anything you feed it and shoots 1-2 inch groups at 25 yds all day long. I paid $224.99 when they were on sale at Cabela's. Never owned one of their pistols...but I wouldn't hestitate to buy one...if the price was right.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If I could buy whatever gun I want, would a HiPoint be my first choice?

Of course not.

Am I the least bit ashamed of owning a couple of them?

Not at all.

I think they are a great option if you want something to have a helluva lot of fun with without spending a lot of money. They are also great great guns to learn or experiment with for the same reason. I've never had any more concern about the reliability of my HiPoints than I've had about any other guns. I will say that the C9 is certainly not the most user friendly gun when it comes to cleaning and maintaining. It would be nice to have a take-down lever or at least a screw instead of a pin that has to be driven in and out of plastic each time. Then again, I'm sure this keeps their manufacturing costs down allowing them to offer lower prices so its a trade-off.

I've fired a few thousand rounds from both my C9 and my XD. They both still do the same thing they did when I bought them.

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    Hoping to buy a c9 9mm for nightstand gun. I have a buddy who has one and has never had any problems with his.This thread has definately convinced me that it will be a good purchase.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Geez no matter where you go on the internet if somebody mentions or starts a Hi-point thread the masses go into a frenzy.

3957288919_e4b0ebd4a4_o.png

;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Have any of you guys that carry a Hi Point pistol for personal protection ever ran one in a training class? I'd be curious to hear how they work in a training environment.

Are you coming to PW3? If you do, I'll run mine in HK's training if I can find or borrow an appropriate holster for it...I ain't skeered!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Are you coming to PW3? If you do, I'll run mine in HK's training if I can find or borrow an appropriate holster for it...I ain't skeered!

I won't be attending, but that would be excellent!

However, I think he has a holster requirement that doesn't allow nylon/canvas, so you may be out of luck there. :dunno:

Top Bottom