Hey You Hunters...Buy Your Meat at the Grocery Store....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    303358_386077788092664_273879369312507_1166035_1923167944_n.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I worked at IBP in Logansport for a short while, was in between better jobs and needed to pay the bills. It took almost a year before I could eat pork chops again. Never gave bacon, though. :D
    I learned a lot, though. The company made more money from the "waste" items (fat, bones, blood, entrails, etc) than they did from the meat that was sent on to the grocery stores. Absolutely Nothing went to waste from those animals.

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Wow what a clown!!!!!! Did I just read that first thread correctly???? Hunting is how I feed my family and I don't buy meat at a grocery store bc you don't know what they did those animals as they were being breed pumping them with steroids and other chemicals.. Not to mention what and how they kill cows, chickens,pigs at the Slaughter house.... Clown......

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    There is an episode of Gordon Ramseys "the F word" that shows on the bbc from time to time how their swine are slaughtered. Its not very humane. Supposedly they do ECT on the brain with an electrical prod and then hang it and slit its throat...

But hunters are the inhumane ones...its not like they are walking the animals through a coral line and offing them one by one. Where do you think Hitler got some of his execution techniques? He thought of those groups like animals...lesser beings.

Boo. Now I'm all upset.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I worked at IBP in Logansport for a short while, was in between better jobs and needed to pay the bills. It took almost a year before I could eat pork chops again. Never gave bacon, though. :D
    I learned a lot, though. The company made more money from the "waste" items (fat, bones, blood, entrails, etc) than they did from the meat that was sent on to the grocery stores. Absolutely Nothing went to waste from those animals.

That just made me really hungry for a bologna sandwich.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Kroger released a statement recently that there will be no more pink slime in the ground beef.

I say good for them. Kroger has also made it a point to sell dairy without hormones.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Animal "by-product" used to be used as a binding agent for sand castings.

I'm not sure if they still do that or not.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Wow what a clown!!!!!! Did I just read that first thread correctly???? Hunting is how I feed my family and I don't buy meat at a grocery store bc you don't know what they did those animals as they were being breed pumping them with steroids and other chemicals.. Not to mention what and how they kill cows, chickens,pigs at the Slaughter house.... Clown......

What about Bacon? :dunno:

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    Between hunting & spot shoots my freezer stays full year round.
    The only meat I buy is some hot dogs or bologna for the kids on a picnic in the summer.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Had a coworker (female) who was anti hunting.
    She was NOT a vegetarian.
    I asked her how she could justify her stance........

She said:

"Farm animals are ugly so meat can come from them. Wild animals, like deer, are pretty and should be left alone".

I then said by her logic, that only pretty people should have rights, ugly people should have none, that such logic would be wonderful in court.

Of course, she was 50 lbs over weight and rather butch........and this when gay marriage was first being put before courts.

She stood there like a deer in the headlights for a second and got my point.

She never said another word about it.

But I did get drug into the office, told to remove my hunting pics off my desk.............and there were none. Just an Outers turkey patterning target where I was emailing some stats from.

Yeah, a blasted turkey target was "offensive".

The alt lifestyle coworker had rainbow crap all over their desk, and pictures of them and their friends all drinking........of course I brought that up, how anybody who lost a loved one to a drunk driver might not like such pics.

Down came my turkey target...........and up went deer trophy pics.

Nothing more said.

The coworker then went to another cubicle :)

whackmaster66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Brownsburg
    Had a coworker (female) who was anti hunting.
    She was NOT a vegetarian.
    I asked her how she could justify her stance........

She said:

"Farm animals are ugly so meat can come from them. Wild animals, like deer, are pretty and should be left alone".

I then said by her logic, that only pretty people should have rights, ugly people should have none, that such logic would be wonderful in court.

Of course, she was 50 lbs over weight and rather butch........and this when gay marriage was first being put before courts.

She stood there like a deer in the headlights for a second and got my point.

She never said another word about it.

But I did get drug into the office, told to remove my hunting pics off my desk.............and there were none. Just an Outers turkey patterning target where I was emailing some stats from.

Yeah, a blasted turkey target was "offensive".

The alt lifestyle coworker had rainbow crap all over their desk, and pictures of them and their friends all drinking........of course I brought that up, how anybody who lost a loved one to a drunk driver might not like such pics.

Down came my turkey target...........and up went deer trophy pics.

Nothing more said.

The coworker then went to another cubicle :)

I would have brought one of my deer heads in and hung it in my cubicle!!!! Lol

Top Bottom