Here we go again .. And they wonder why we don't respect them ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Don't worry, UncleMike is going to jump all over J706 and give him what for. You guys just watch.

Go ahead, UncleMike. Let him have it.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    Don't make it out to be something it is not. Once again we are talking infractions not crimes...big difference

Were talking double standards and your telling all of us that "you" are more important than someone in another profession. :noway:

Last time I checked, those things you "enforce" don't have a subsection on the official books for any local pedestal professions. Do your job fairly.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Were talking double standards and your telling all of us that "you" are more important than someone in another profession. :noway:

Last time I checked, those things you "enforce" don't have a subsection on the official books for any local pedestal professions. Do your job fairly.

Huh?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Considering he just posted in the Gen. Pol. Disc. 12 minutes ago, I think he's fine.

He must just be accidentally overlooking this thread...That happens with him from time to time.
    It's gratifying to know so many people are concerned about my well being.
    And, I've decided to leave this mud puddle to you guys.
    Enjoy. :D
    BTW
    It almost sounds like you're stalking me. :draw:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's gratifying to know so many people are concerned about my well being.
    And, I've decided to leave this mud puddle to you guys.
    Enjoy. :D
    BTW
    It almost sounds like you're stalking me. :draw:
    Your silence on the developments in this thread after being so vocal is deafening...or it could speak volumes.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    As usual my post on other officers was taken out of context. The crap about never doing anything to another officer was started by one of the clowns that now has shooter under his name. The discussion at the time was pertaining to traffic tickets....you know infractions. I will say it again for those to dense to understand- I have never and will not ever write a infraction (Speeding or traffic) ticket to another officer. That is my discretion and that is how I will use it. Just like I do with most other motorists. Clear Now?

Class. Not.

Build that wall a little higher now.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Well all I can say is it is the unwritten rule of LE. Not just here but pretty much nation wide. I have stopped off duty LEO's with their family's, heading out on vacation countless times. They will not be ticketed, they will not be held up or detained once I see their creds. I have been stopped myself a few years ago. I didn't flash my badge as you say. There is no way I would have. The only way the ISP trooper knew was my wallet was in my carry bag in the backseat with my weapon. I felt I should tell him I had a weapon since I would be going in the bag.

It is the nature of the beast and sorry you don't approve. It is not a us vs them unless you chose to make it that way. If you decide to do so that is your problem. You, your opinion and 10,000 other peoples opinion will not change it. The 800,000 member LEO community is a tight one no matter where they work or what their assignment is. Doubt me? Watch the news and see how many LEO's will at the services for the THPD officer that will be laid to rest Monday.

Talk down about PC all you want. That is your right. Keep in mind it is my right to use Professional courtesy and discretion. Who knows, someday I might stop you and also use my discretion just because you are a INGO member.

Don't make it out to be something it is not. Once again we are talking infractions not crimes...big difference

Yeah, "infractions" only cost a few hundred dollars and time to deal with it.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    What's your point?

R.I.P Officer Long.:patriot:

Agreed - R.I.P. Officer Long

But that has not ONE thing to do with this thread. I have the same question, Benny...

Irahm - what's your point?

The OP was about a new development in the Katrina aftermath. Admittedly it was a bit inflammatory. Duncan is _known_ for being a regular bucket o' cheer around here. Then in the middle of the thread somewhere, j706 piped in with the "I won't issue infractions to other officers" / professional courtesy thing. One could argue that that is sort of related. But I fail to see how Officer Long had anything to do with this, other than the fact that the OP posted it the same day he was unfortunately killed in the line of duty. In a later post - the OP said he had no idea that an officer had been killed that day. I have yet to see ANYONE here feel anything but sorrow for the Officer that was killed and his family - but that has ZILCH to do with the topic at hand.

Top Bottom