Here we go again .. And they wonder why we don't respect them ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And as far as the op posting this, at a bad time...with the officer in TH falling.......The police officers on this board dirtied that more than the op did by bringing that situation into this thread...

!

It's a classical liberal tactic. Claim victimhood to silence your opponents. Why do you think Cindy Sheehan was so valuable? Dare question her or her motives, your attacking her loss and grieving over her son.

Rather than debate the issue, let's throw the racism, sexism, or victim card to silence our opponents.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There was no "bait". I posted what was on my mind. I did not post to illicit any particular response.

I also did not directly post, "Duncan you are a piece of garbage". I posted "some piece of garbage".

There are threads on this board filled with comments referring to "some people". None of those posters had been banned, and none of those posters named names of who they were actually referring to.

I am man enough to admit that I did mean to imply that Duncan was a piece of garbage for posting a thread title with pictures as such, due to the recent passing of an Indiana Officer.

I shouldn't have posted that but, at least I'm man enough to admit it and not leave it at the vague "some people" level.

If anyone wants to further discuss this issue with me, please feel free to PM me. I am going to make an effort not to post in this thread and those like it unless I really feel the need to. Nothing good can come of it for the time being.

It's keeping things at the "some people" level that generally keeps a poster's account safe from the ban hammer. When you directly insult a particular poster, that's when you run the risk of earning the title "shooter."

In most cases, "some people" know who they are. You can see that by the replies you'll inevitably get. It's only vague if what is said doesn't apply to you.

And you may not have said "Duncan you are a piece of garbage", you did say "some piece of garbage comes along and posts THIS" (paraphrased because it's a pain to go back and read the exact quote from my phone), which narrows it down to one specific poster.

Rule number one of web forum arguing: you can insult what someone says, you can insult how they say it, but you can't directly insult them. Unless of course you want the ban hammer.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well if we are to use an op's previous posting as to call to his character.....I call bull**** on you testifying against any other officer....you have already stated you hold your blue brothers to a lower standard than regular citizens.....

And as far as the op posting this, at a bad time...with the officer in TH falling.......The police officers on this board dirtied that more than the op did by bringing that situation into this thread...

to the fine officer that said "some piece of garbage" no matter if you said some people, when you are directly implying that some piece of garbage goes and post this ****....it directly relates to the poster!!!!

I know I am one to bash a police officer on this board but I am very sad that we live in a society that would shoot and kill a good LEO (we have so few) but with all the dirty cop stories finally coming to light, you cant expect us not to celebrate when there is news that there will finally be justice for the people and families of crimes commited by those that sworn to protect us!!!!

As usual my post on other officers was taken out of context. The crap about never doing anything to another officer was started by one of the clowns that now has shooter under his name. The discussion at the time was pertaining to traffic tickets....you know infractions. I will say it again for those to dense to understand- I have never and will not ever write a infraction (Speeding or traffic) ticket to another officer. That is my discretion and that is how I will use it. Just like I do with most other motorists. Clear Now?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As usual my post on other officers was taken out of context. The crap about never doing anything to another officer was started by one of the clowns that now has shooter under his name. The discussion at the time was pertaining to traffic tickets....you know infractions. I will say it again for those to dense to understand- I have never and will not ever write a infraction (Speeding or traffic) ticket to another officer. That is my discretion and that is how I will use it. Just like I do with most other motorists. Clear Now?

Perfectly clear. So much for the law applying to everybody equally.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I will say it again for those to dense to understand- I have never and will not ever write a infraction (Speeding or traffic) ticket to another officer. That is my discretion and that is how I will use it. Just like I do with most other motorists. Clear Now?

Well, I'm not LEO, but I have family who is. Can I get in on your friends, family, and LEO plan for never receiving a ticket from you? I just wanted to check and see which list I made it on, you know, so I can understand which rules I have to abide by that your friends (brothers in blue) don't have to. Double standards, ahhh, now thats about as true of a reflection of government as I've ever seen, thanks.

PS. Thanks to all the LEO who apply the same laws to everyone regardless of occupation.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    When a cop pulls me over, they had better do there job and write me a ticket. If they don't I will call, file a formal complaint and post of the negative experience on INGO. :D

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

It is your discretion - and I do not dispute that. May I inquire as to your reasoning?

One of my good friends was an Oakland CA police officer. His take was that he would never pull anyone over unless he was 99.999% sure they were going to get a ticket. His reasoning was that pulling someone over in Oakland is an extremely high risk activity. You had to be doing something VERY erratic or illegal to make it worth risking his life... But if he did pull you over - it wasn't something that was going to go away when say, a blonde started batting her eyelashes at him. That always made sense to me.

I find that usually people have valid reasons for what they do. Just curious as to what yours might be in the case you mention above (you pull over soemone and find out he's an officer)?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Well, I'm not LEO, but I have family who is. Can I get in on your friends, family, and LEO plan for never receiving a ticket from you? I just wanted to check and see which list I made it on, you know, so I can understand which rules I have to abide by that your friends (brothers in blue) don't have to. Double standards, ahhh, now thats about as true of a reflection of government as I've ever seen, thanks.

PS. Thanks to all the LEO who apply the same laws to everyone regardless of occupation.
    If you are good friends with someone in LE you might be able to get those benefits. My brother gets some from a friend that is a Deputy

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    So are you saying LEO should have no discretion? Either write everyone a ticket, or write no one a ticket?

Not to speak for him/her, but I don't think that's what they were trying to say at all. But isn't it somewhat interesting that they've already admitted their discretion is "will NEVER write a ticket to a fellow officer"? Discression to me (and this is just my opinion) would be something along the lines of using the contributing factors of the situation to decide whether or not someone deserves a ticket.

Situation A: Speeder is pulled over, officer finds out that speeders wife is delievering baby as they speak, officer decides that since no wreckless driving was taking place and speeder has a somewhat legitimate reason to allow the speeder to go without ticket.

Situation B:Speeder is pulled over, officer finds that speeder is fellow LEO and therefore isn't held to the same rules in Officer j706's opinion, and speeder is then allowed to go without a ticket simply due to his occupation.

Which situation is using descretion, which is just a get out of trouble free simply due to your occupation? Yes, I think officers must use their discretion in their jobs, really I think thats something we ALL must do in our day to day activities. I work in industrial maintance, would it then be okay for me to ignore someone doing something unsafe in my occupation simply because they do the same type of work I do, or should I report it since someone could be hurt by their actions? Blanket statements such as "I will never write a fellow officer a ticket" sounds like a pretty pathetic definition of discretion to me. Makes you wonder what his discretion would be if he observed an officer doing something worse that a traffic violation. I wonder if his discretion would still be held to that blue line since it sounds like his loyalties are already determined.

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Perfectly clear. So much for the law applying to everybody equally.
    I hate to have break this to ya.
    But!!
    NO law has EVER applied to EVERYONE equally.
    Look at the Tax Laws.
    Look at the Health Care Laws.
    Look at the Immigration Laws.
    Look at any Law.
    Court decisions prove every day that the Law is subject to someones discretion, be it an LEO, a Prosecutor, a Judge, or a Jury.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Really, so what if j706 says he will never write a speeding ticket to another officer? Perk of the job. Treat the man (or woman) with respect and you likely have a better than 50/50 chance of getting off a written warning, maybe even a verbal. A few years ago, I was in Columbus one day and didn't signal a last-minute lane change coming up to a stoplight. I was polite to her and she let me off with a warning. When I left, I saw her head for a donut shop! Now, I don't know if it was because I was polite, or if she was in a good mood because she was heading to the donut shop, but a stop doesn't automatically mean a ticket.

Top Bottom