Here we go again .. And they wonder why we don't respect them ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This story, regardless of its age, is about a landmark political event, the shooting of citizens by law enforcement during a natural disaster.

It was covered up and now the gears of the criminal justice system are grinding. New Orleans will not get away with killing another innocent man.

I am certain that the Terre Haute officer considered that he was serving justice and justice is what will transpire here. I note there is no prohibition on commenting on the officer's death in other threads. As well, I note that there is no prohibition on INGO on discussing police officers or police actions when an innocent citizen is gunned down by police.

I do not consider any fellow INGOer posting a relevant political topic to be garbage.

I think the point several of us are making is the judgement involved in putting "and they wonder why we don't respect them" in the title of the thread at any time, as it is painting all police as being not worthy of respect, is pretty questionable. But hours after the announcement of the TH officer is really beyond the pale. Not to mention the snarky little pictures he posted as well.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Well........
    He just HAD to get that "late breaking news" out here for everyone to see.
    After all we can't have any sympathy for a fallen Officer get in the way of his saving America from the evil Gubment. :n00b:
    I'm sorry, I see nothing in the TOS, FAQ, or anywhere else that says the two are mutually exclusive.
    I have the utmost sympathy for the family of the slain officer, I hope the perp gets toasted in the electric chair.
    At the same time I find it very interesting that years later the truth is coming out about what really happened in N.O.
    Unless it was moved before I saw it neither post was made in the other thread...that, IMO, would have been ban-worthy.

03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Ex-cop says he helped cover up Katrina shootings - Yahoo! News

Officer gives chaotic first-hand account of Danziger shooting

Corrupt_Traffic_Cop_Cartoon_tn.jpg

bentcop.jpg
    AND IF THAT FAILS .. I'LL JUST SHOOT YOU

tinfoil.jpg

Glad justice is being served

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am with Kick on this, the pics should have been left out, they are there for nothing but pot stirring. Glad to see some justice grinding away in N.O.. It was like a bunch of monkeys ****ing footballs after Katrina

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow guys, calm down!
    I don't think the op posted this as any disrespect to anyone, especially the cop in t.h.

Like UncleMike posted. Look at his past posts. On top of that if it wasn't titled "...and they wonder why we don't respect them" and posted with the array of pictures the OP chose, I would think about giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This was clearly posted to stir the pot and agitate the LEOs on this forum when they are mourning for a fallen Officer.

Rockhound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Geeesh, lighten up.

Did Duncan make any reference to the TH officer downed? No, he did not. He may not have even known about it and likely didn't since it would not have been in print yet and may not have been reported in local rags in his AO yet.

So, making a direct connection is purely supposition and is uncalled for. Why not simply focus on the good aspects here:

I'll make the point that the BAD cops in NOLA are finally getting their due. Interestingly, it took some GOOD cops to get that done. And likely multiple agencies. I'd say that's score one for the good guys and good riddance to the bad cops.

:)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Its amazing how easily oaths & the public trust can be broken when people in power think that they can get away with it.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I think the point several of us are making is the judgement involved in putting "and they wonder why we don't respect them" in the title of the thread at any time, as it is painting all police as being not worthy of respect, is pretty questionable. But hours after the announcement of the TH officer is really beyond the pale. Not to mention the snarky little pictures he posted as well.

This ^. I think the NO story is valid, just how the thread is titled and his need for the add ons.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Especially cool being posted at the same time as the TH officer died.

Well........
    He just HAD to get that "late breaking news" out here for everyone to see.
    After all we can't have any sympathy for a fallen Officer get in the way of his saving America from the evil Gubment. :n00b:

Come on now, a TH Indiana Officer was just murdered a couple hours ago. This is a "breaking new story" about something that happened in Louisiana 5 years ago.

It just saddens me that even hours after an Officer was murdered, some piece of garbage has to go and post this crap that happened years ago hundreds of miles away.

Never let a tragedy go to waste?

Come on guys, I've come to expect better from you.

I agree that the TH incident is horrible and my thoughts and prayers are out to the family. However, this is unrelated and legitimate.
    Let's not go down this road and stir the pot.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    So this gets turned from a valid story and talking point to jackwads turning it so in someway it is disrespectful to the TH officer? Good job guys Bravo!:noway:

People need to grow up. Two seperate stories that are 100% unrelated. Stop trying to turn everything around on the board. There are cops that do good things and cops that do bad things. People need to stop being blind and stop sympathizing with every ****ing action by a cop. Also, villifying everyone that wears a badge. This is a wasted thread and since the discussion isn't about the topic I ask for it to be locked. This is ridiculous.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm just glad to see that the Danziger Bridge criminals are going to get what they truly deserve. Unfortunately, that's just the tip of the iceberg for NOPD. During and after Katrina they had numerous members going rogue. The entire department has needed an enema for decades and now a few deserving members are going to get it. Too bad that justice moves so slowly. There's still a lot to do and many more people who need to stand before the bar.

As for the thin blue whine, (who seem to be out in force today) get over it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    1. I didn't know about an officer dying in the line of duty, for which I'm sorry. Just as I'm sorry when anyone who does one of the many dangerous jobs and important jobs for our society dies while performing their duties.
    2. The OP's choice of words was provocative.
    3. The story he posted wasn't five years old, it's a new development on an incident that is five years old.
    4. I have noticed that many of the cops that post here will find ANY other thing to talk about rather than when cops do bad things.

When cops turn criminal it's very, very bad. Having it happen the way it did in Katrina is one of the bigger things to come out of there.

I don't think all cops are bad. I think only a very few are bad. I think that many, many more look the other way when they shouldn't. I think the attitudes we see here are indicative of a stronger desire to paint a pretty picture than they are to ruthlessly cull their own bad apples.

I want every bad cop story to be posted as many places as possible - not to shame good cops, but to bring to light the very real incidents of tyranny and oppression that happen daily somewhere in the country. And yes, it's tyranny in oppression when a government official, even a low ranking one like a cop, uses the authority granted him by the people to cross the very line he is sworn to defend.

I'll know this is working when I see cops more outraged that other cops do this crap then they are that someone posted it on an internet forum.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I absolutely agree with every word you wrote dross. But I think this can be accomplished in a far more informational and far less inflamatory manner than the OP seems to be capable.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I absolutely agree with every word you wrote dross. But I think this can be accomplished in a far more informational and far less inflamatory manner than the OP seems to be capable.

I think we all agree. I posted on the topic in April 2010. I pointed out that it was unfortunate there was no video taken by a civilian as the police dept down there would not have been able to lie and coverup the incident. MrJarrel posted a good article on this then in August 2010.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yup!

Yup!
    This I can agree with :yesway:
    Yup!

I can't speak for others LEO's here, but my response was based on the callous, and seemingly all encompassing, inserts and thread title, used by the OP.
    Given his propensity for such provocation in the past I should not have been surprised.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Like UncleMike posted. Look at his past posts. On top of that if it wasn't titled "...and they wonder why we don't respect them" and posted with the array of pictures the OP chose, I would think about giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This was clearly posted to stir the pot and agitate the LEOs on this forum when they are mourning for a fallen Officer.

You are correct and incorrect at the same time .
    When I posted I had no idea that some one had been killed . Even so I probably would have still posted . Since one is not related to the other .

Did I chose the title to " stir the pot " yes and it is a valid question . One I would say that might be posed by unthinking people that work for us in government . " How come they don't like us / " What is wrong with MR . X ? "
    It is also the Title it's meant to grab you attention . Just like it's done with articles all across the country .

The good servants including LEO's and others that care , try do good , turn in a decent day's work for the pay .. they don't like it when some of their own do the wrong thing ... Why ? It makes their job harder .

As far as the pictures ... well it's a visual stimulus . Just like this .

a_elian_gonzales_0421.jpg

Was it put in there to stress a point satirically ... yes and the situation given by testimony in the article
    I believe bears that out .

The title was not to agitate LEO's if it did ... then that is their decision and I would submit that possibly the one's that may be agitated may have other issues if such they find offensive to their person or actions they may have performed .

Thanks
    Duncan

Top Bottom