HELP!! My wife is trying to take my Sig P238!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    You are a lucky man to have a wife that knows and appreciates firearms. I have a wonderful lady I have been married to for almost 50 years. She has no interest in guns but no objections to them. Would be a lot more fun if she liked to shoot and enjoyed doing so with me. Give her the P238 it is a small price to pay.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think its hilarious that you picked a sig out for yourself (along w/ other equally expensive handguns in your collection no doubt) and gave her a Taurus..... Just admit what really happened.... You got cheap when you bought her a gun, and got caught, now its going to cost you some extra dough.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    still amazed at guys who don't care enough for their wives to buy them a quality handgun...

My wife liked my Shield the first time she shot it, it hasn't been mine since.

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If it was me I would want to make sure that if my wife wanted a gun to carry that she had the one she felt comfortable with. However not to sure I want my wife to carry a gun she is hard enough to handle without one.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Unless you use the SIG every day On The Job, give her what she wants. You can always gather up those that neither of you particularly care for, and sell or trade them for what you want (whether that is a SIG or not). My wife used to be a terrific shot, but sadly passed away 7 years ago. Enjoy making her happy while you can and be thankful.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I know... I know. Happy wife happy life. The Sig and Taurus will be available to her any time she wants. I have already started looking for the P238 in the Rainbow version because she liked the pictures of it so much. I've been trying for years to get her interested. And from time to time she will go out and shoot with me. She has always enjoyed the 22s, but she has never shown as much interest in anything as that little Sig. She will get one. I promise. I will show pictures when she does, if I can ever figure out how to put pictures on this sight. I am a little tech tarded. lol. Thanks for all the input. I have enjoyed all your opinions.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Beautiful day today! Took my wife out back to shoot the new Taurus 85 I bought her. She liked it and did well with it. But it was hurting her hand. For some reason I kept after her to try my Sig P238. She really liked it, and kept saying we need to trade. I'm thinking crap, now what am I going to do. I hand her the Taurus TCP. I tell her it's the same thing...she can't tell the difference. She shoots it. She didn't like it at all. It hurt her too. She shoots the P238 again. Again with the we need to trade thing again. She says you have 1000 guns you can give me one. I only have 15 handguns and only one Sig. We went inside got on Sigs web site and she fell in love with the Rainbow P238. Well, I've been trying to find her something she likes. Moral of the story. Be careful what you wish for. It might cost you $$$.:):

I made the same mistake. Ended up costing me an AR15.....

Top Bottom