• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    yep brass rod......next time break it down and pull the upper off to clean it.....only 2 pins....it's a wonder your finger didn't get it....ouch!!!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    yep brass rod......next time break it down and pull the upper off to clean it.....only 2 pins....it's a wonder your finger didn't get it....ouch!!!

Ya. Will do. Now im missing a detent for my rear takedown pin and a bolt catch buffer. DA#@ me. I feel like a idiot

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    ??Rod in the muzzle and hit the bolt face?? If the bolt is even partially locked will this work? Wouldn't it be better to remove take down pins remove the lower and use a brass rod and mallet to move the carrier back, insuring the bolt is unlocked?..........:dunno:..........Duce<><

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    My AR15s upper is stuck onto my lower. Because the BCG is locked into the place where the stock screws in

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Has the bolt rotated and locked into the barrel extension, or is it still in the unlocked position but jambed tight by the offending rag?

Don't sweat the small parts that you've lost. They are relatively cheap and easy to get and install. In fact you need to build up a small stash of parts for future mishaps and breakdowns. It sucks having to order a part and then wait on it.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Has the bolt rotated and locked into the barrel extension, or is it still in the unlocked position but jambed tight by the offending rag?

Don't sweat the small parts that you've lost. They are relatively cheap and easy to get and install. In fact you need to build up a small stash of parts for future mishaps and breakdowns. It sucks having to order a part and then wait on it.

The bolt is jammed by the rag

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The bolt is jammed by the rag
    That doesn't answer his question...

Has the bolt started it's rotation that locks the lugs? If the bolt hasn't rotated at all, pounding a dowel in the barrel may work. If the bolt has started it's rotation, even partially, then the lugs are partially engaged and pounding a dowel in the barrel definitely will not work.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

Has the bolt started it's rotation that locks the lugs? If the bolt hasn't rotated at all, pounding a dowel in the barrel may work. If the bolt has started it's rotation, even partially, then the lugs are partially engaged and pounding a dowel in the barrel definitely will not work.

It's halfway locked I think. I am pretty sure it hasn't gone completely into battery. I can move it alittle bit

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie

Exactly. You need to determine what position the bolt is in.

Edit, you've posted again.
    Even if the bolt has only partially rotated/locked you should try to mortar it.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If you got the upper & lower separated that far, what's stopping you from taking it apart further? Can you slide the upper forward on the lower until the carrier clears the buffer tube hole?

If it's the fcg that's keeping it from sliding forward then remove the fcg.

If you can get that upper off the lower, you should be able to use a brass punch or wooden dowel to drive the carrier backwards.

You may be able to use the punch/dowel to drive it backwards as it is, but removing the upper would make it easier...

Pogo-stick would have been easiest if you would have tried that to start with.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    If you got the upper & lower separated that far, what's stopping you from taking it apart further? Can you slide the upper forward on the lower until the carrier clears the extension tube hole?

If it's the fcg that's keeping it from sliding forward then remove the fcg.

If you can get that upper off the lower, you should be able to use a brass punch or wooden dowel to drive the carrier backwards.

I'll remove the FCG

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Jeminy, you take pictures almost as bad me!

From what I'm seeing the bolt carrier is to the rear far enough that the cam pin should be at the front of the slot in the bolt carrier, or very near the front, meaning the bolt is unlocked or very close to it. It bet you could mortar it free on a solid surface, like a piece of 2x8 on a garage floor ect.

One thing about it, I bet you don't do that again. Don't feel bad, we all do stuff like that, or at least I do.

Did you find the buffer retainer and spring, or are they trapped under the bolt carrier in their original position?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Jeminy, you take pictures almost as bad me!

From what I'm seeing the bolt carrier is to the rear far enough that the cam pin should be at the front of the slot in the bolt carrier, or very near the front, meaning the bolt is unlocked or very close to it. It bet you could mortar it free on a solid surface, like a piece of 2x8 on a garage floor ect.

One thing about it, I bet you don't do that again. Don't feel bad, we all do stuff like that, or at least I do.

Did you find the buffer retainer and spring, or are they trapped under the bolt carrier in their original position?

I have the buffer tube and spring with buffer attached. I have everything buy the the bolt catch buffer and the detent for the rear takedown pin detent

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I am a lucky guy who loves brass punches. I used a brass punch to knock the BCG and CH out of the upper then reassembled my lower to find that I'm only missing 2 parts now. That thing that is help down by the buffer tube and it's spring and the bolt catch buffer. My AR15 is on the road to recovery

Top Bottom