help me plot a road trip Indy to Shicago.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm picking up my parents in Chicago at their friends' home this coming Sunday around 4-5ish CST. I'm planning on leaving Indy early maybe 9ish EST, or as early as needed.

my plan is to stop at all the Wally on the way and plus LGS(if they open or worth going) and Cabelas in Hammond.

I don't have anything particular to buy other than reloading supplies, but who knows.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Try the Gander Mountain in Merrillville (across the street from my office). I can't promise great prices, but its all guns and firearms related stuff and there are a lot of guns. Just off I65.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yup...once you hit "Da Region", get off @ 30 and make a right and another right, you'll be at Gander. Get back on 65 and go north to 94...at this point you can make a right (east) and head to Bass Pro which is only 10 minutes east of 94 & 65. Once you are done with that, head back west toward Cabela's. However, you will get off on Cline AV South and take that to Ridge Rd (Rt 6) and go left (east) to Broad...make a right (south) on Broad about a mile and go to Blythe's...LOTS of guns there.

From there, you can head back and hit Cabela's. All the Wally Worlds around here sell .22s and pellet guns...ammo is always sucked out once it gets shelved.

Have a safe trip.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    No trip is complete to the region unless u stop at rays shrimp in Gary or Munster gyros in Munster or Zels roast beefs any location or Aurelio's pizza any location. Have fun and make sure ur packn.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Where in Chicago are you going? If you're not familiar with the area maybe I can suggest a route.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No trip is complete to the region unless u stop at rays shrimp in Gary or Munster gyros in Munster or Zels roast beefs any location or Aurelio's pizza any location. Have fun and make sure ur packn.

I'll add El Taco Real, Hammond, and pick up some Perogies to take home from Nina's in Merrillville.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    this poor guy's gonna be 150lbs heavier if he follows our route!
    let us know where in ****cago and it'll help plan you a "safe" ish trip.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I'm not planning on making any stop within the city limit. mom and dad are staying in Schaumburg, NW 'burbs, west of O'hare.

I hope to find some powder and primers.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Yeah...what spec said. GPS doesn't have ghetto avoidance coordinates built in yet...or do they?

LOL. so true.

I've been trying to avoid "obamaland" for a long while. I'll gas up at Merriville Costco, so I won't be paying a penny of tax over there.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You can get those yummy perogies on the north side of indy at the world market or something like that of Michigan road. Old dude in there is a nice guy to talk to and he is from crown point. Free samples also so you know what stuff taste like.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is an easy trip on highways to O'Hare...honestly all this "ghetto" talk. I'm from the the country, but some of you people sound like total rubes.

triggerhappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Try the Gander Mountain in Merrillville (across the street from my office). I can't promise great prices, but its all guns and firearms related stuff and there are a lot of guns. Just off I65.

+1 on stopping at Gander Mountain in Merrillville

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Yeah you won't be experiencing any bad neighborhoods...Schaumburg is a really nice area by the way. Anyway, I was in Bass Pro (the one up here in Da Region) last week and they had a TON of primers in stock...small handgun, large handgun, small rifle, large rifle...of all different varieties. If I make it to Cabela's before Sunday, I'll let you know what their primer/powder situation is like as well.

VAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Gander didn't have any reloading stuff when I was there last month. Bass Pro has some stuff but they are seriously overpriced. Cabela's is your best bet for powder and primers. They have had plenty on their shelves in the past few weeks.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Blythe's is closed on Sundays. and which Bass Pro is worth going? Portage, IN or Boilingbrook, IL?

I may stop by at Crown Point show if I leave early enough.

thanks for all your input fellas.

Top Bottom