• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fixy2273

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Shelbyville
    Hi, stumbled across this place doing some research so I figured I might as well sign up.

I've been around rifles and shotguns for pretty much my whole life, but I got my LTCH a couple of months ago and I'm now looking to get my first handgun. I've fired a few and quite frankly am not terribly comfortable with any, but nothing practice can't fix. I've been just trying to read up on the pro's and con's of the different models available.

Anyway, as it is right now, I'm not really a hunter (aside from pest animals), and I'm not looking to carry a gun on me all the time for self defense. I just enjoy shooting. I've got a Remington 597 that I love plinking with whenever I get a chance (and can find cheap ammo these days) and I'm always happy to go shoot some clays. Hopefully I'll have a nice handgun to start practicing with soon.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Welcome to :ingo:. There are a lot of members here who don't mind meeting at the range and letting someone try out their guns. That, or rentals, is the best way to figure out what you would be most comfortable with.

Span24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 19, 2013
    North Central
    :welcome: to your new addiction!

Be sure to take a look at SIG! :thumbsup: I have several friends who made one their first handgun and they have not been disappointed.

fixy2273

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Shelbyville
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

:welcome: to your new addiction!

Be sure to take a look at SIG! :thumbsup: I have several friends who made one their first handgun and they have not been disappointed.
    Definitely a front runner. If money wasn't a consideration I'd already have one. Since it is, I'm considering m&p and Glock but I'm definitely leaning towards a Sig.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    $T2eC16Z,!)sE9swm,1iBBR,YC5domQ~~60_35.JPG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom