• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    We had one sitting over head in hammond around 8pm. Just hovering. I turned on the radio and checked the nwi times, nothing was said, traffic was clear. It was strange.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Why would the police know? We are not the FAA and we rarely get a heads up.

...and the FAA only knows if they've filed a flight plan or are talking directly to air traffic control, and helos often don't do either.

I sort of get the wariness of strange helicopters doing seemingly unusual things, but the sky is not falling folks.

Ft Knox has the 8-229 with 24 Apaches, there are active NG aviation units in Frankfort KY and Shelbyville IN, and Camp Atterbury is increasingly busy training warfighters.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you...but it also doesn't mean that they ARE.

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    a few weeks ago, there was a Coast Guard helo, of all things, hanging out above my neighborhood. That was weird to me itself, but then it kept diving and turning...low enough that I could see the occupants smile and wave. Did all of that for about 20 minutes and took off north

upalot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    PAWNEE
    March 1, over the cliff, March 5th, stock market colapse, 8th or 9th rioting begins, marshall law declared. They are just getting ready for what is to come.... Well maybe, could happen.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    We have had quite a few complaints in our community..... So I found two and watched as they moved a little, hovered, moved a little more, hovered. Finally broke out the binoculars, and saw a guy with binoculars in the helicopter!

They were inspecting the high tension lines that run through our town. Not sure if that coincides with other sightings or not.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I woke up from my nap at 7:30 and i was like what's that noise? She said "i don't know, an airplane?" I went outside and saw a helo hovering. Left the house around 8, it was still there. I was told it was there til around 10pm.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    ?

Just east of the track (near 16th St. and Tibbs Ave.) they were circling for about an hour in the dark this morning from approximately 05:30 to 06:30. This looked about like what I have seen in the past when the Police were searching for a suspect on the ground except this appeared to be two Blackhawks with no searchlights on. :dunno:

PS: The last I heard IMPD had grounded it's helicopters due to a lack of funds and they were for sale.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just east of the track (near 16th St. and Tibbs Ave.) they were circling for about an hour in the dark this morning from approximately 05:30 to 06:30. This looked about like what I have seen in the past when the Police were searching for a suspect on the ground except this appeared to be two Blackhawks with no searchlights on. :dunno:

PS: The last I heard IMPD had grounded it's helicopters due to a lack of funds and they were for sale.

Lets have a GROUP BUY, and have our own INGO Helo !!!!!

Top Bottom