• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I love my HKs! The ergo (for me) of the P30 & HK45C is a perfect fit. Are the just shy of twice the ergo of my M&Ps, no. What about previously owned Glock & XDM, worth 2x the cost or more for me.

I think a lot depends on you & your likes/preferences. Example: I love their triggers.

In fairness, my PPQ 9mm is quickly moving to top of list! Ruger 1911 is a close 2nd.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That is a ton of money for a poly handgun. A ton of money for mags as well.

I got to shoot a p30L and was underwhelmed. For a similar price I'll take my SP-01 Shadow.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I can't be.....I just can't be the only guy laughing out loud about a thread that started by explaining what a mall ninja is, then devolved into an arguments about whether HKs are the bestest firearms ever made in the history of the world.

...no one else sees the irony?

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I can't be.....I just can't be the only guy laughing out loud about a thread that started by explaining what a mall ninja is, then devolved into an arguments about whether HKs are the bestest firearms ever made in the history of the world.

I am all about the funny.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana

After reading OP & first response, it was this threads destiny!

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I considered H&K for my duty weapon, but ended up with a Sig P220.

It's hard to go wrong with the P220. My first carry pistol was a German imported police trade in P220. When I first bought it, I thought of it as something to tide me over until I could reach the top tier handgun realm of HK ownership. But once I actually saved enough cash to buy an HK, I ended up deciding to keep carrying the 220 and using the HK for days when I just want to have fun at the range. Don't get me wrong, HK makes good quality products, but so did/does Sig (P220, 225/P6, 226, 228, 229, and 2340 to name a few), Glock, and Springfield among others.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Heckler & Koch is the drop dead gorgeous 22 year old woman, mall ninjas are the enthralled 13 year old you cannot have her but are beside themselves with her.

You eventually get them when your older. Like the woman it costs more when its older but its about the personal satisfaction of getting your adolescent West German obsession. Victory. I say this as I stare at my mint HK94 and thinking about all the bad NFA things I want to do to it.

t248gfxh.jpg

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    :popcorn: well this is interesting, wait for more HK cultist to show up and well see what they have to say. as for my experience with HK (it aint much) Ive shot a hk91(that's the the g3 right?) and to be honest was not all that impressed with it. it seems like it would very reliable though as hard as it ejects.:twocents:

GustavHalbach

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    What research? Post a link to something explaining the vast HK superiority that wasn’t written by HK, a fanboy, or a gun magazine that never has something bad to say about anything. I would love to read it.

If by "top self," you mean the best, then no. If that is not what you meant, then yes they are sitting on that top shelf with other designs/manufacturers that are just as good, cost half the $$, have better customer service, better parts/accessories availability, and in some cases, better fill the intended role.

HK is the new Colt. People buy into the legend. Just like there were guys who wouldn't buy an AR15 or a 1911 that wasn't a Colt because blah blah blah, now we have people talking the same way about HK.

O.k, your right. Guess I'll have to dump my HK's now. Just hope I can even give them away. Will you take them for me? Please? Guess I should have bought Hi-points' instead....live and learn. Where would I be without people like you to help.

-G

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

NO, you are not the only one:):. Thread is not as amusing at the mall Ninja story but still VERY entertaining.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have owned (HK93) Fired an (HK91) and currently own an HK45, they are all fine weapons, are there better ones out there? I sold my '93 because I felt AR's were more accurate and had better parts availability.

Never owned a '91.
    I do own a Sig P-220, which I would have too say is as good as, if not better than the HK45
    With HK's we do to some extent pay for the name.

Will I someday sell the HK45? Who knows, for now I do enjoy shooting it. For me it is a range toy, way too large for me as a carry weapon.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Hey pal, guys like Gecko45 and specops lay their lives on the line at the mall EVERYDAY so we can have the freedom to get on here and argue about silly ****! Show some respect!

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    O.k, your right. Guess I'll have to dump my HK's now. Just hope I can even give them away. Will you take them for me? Please? Guess I should have bought Hi-points' instead....live and learn. Where would I be without people like you to help.

-G

I guess Ill be the first to take your worthless items. :D

Top Bottom