• ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Your title makes no sense...

He refused to stand for the Anthem and talk talking on his cell phone during the moment of silence and taps then pulls out a stun gun to "clear a path" to the bathroom..... What a douche. He deserves worse than what he got and I hope he's got more coming to him.

On an unrelated note to the actual story, why the **** is the media so concerned with the "breach of security"... it's not illegal to carry a stun gun.

****ed up priorities abound in this link.

Failure on all sides, not just from the guy arrested.

I'm curious what you mean by this.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    The article is a poor read, leave a lot to the imagination....
    I'm guessing he was being a jerk, NYC folks got pissed, shouting turned to pushing turned into more, he saw an opportunity to claim self defense, and used his "stun gun". Sounds almost premeditated to me. Either way I'm sure it was his word against all of the Romans in Rome.

Police charged the man with three counts of aggravated assault and illegal possession of a stun gun.

Sounds like either the article has bad info or he doesn't know the law in NYC (Jersey actually I think)

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The article is a poor read, leave a lot to the imagination....
    I'm guessing he was being a jerk, NYC folks got pissed, shouting turned to pushing turned into more, he saw an opportunity to claim self defense, and used his "stun gun". Sounds almost premeditated to me. Either way I'm sure it was his word against all of the Romans in Rome.

Sounds like either the article has bad info or he doesn't know the law in NYC (Jersey actually I think)

Really needed to watch the video but I agree with the statement that I bolded....perfect storm of visiting team fan, religious objection to anthem/9/11 moment of silence/taps, stun gun and fortuitous bladder relief necessity.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Your title makes no sense...

He refused to stand for the Anthem and talk talking on his cell phone during the moment of silence and taps then pulls out a stun gun to "clear a path" to the bathroom..... What a douche. He deserves worse than what he got and I hope he's got more coming to him.

On an unrelated note to the actual story, why the **** is the media so concerned with the "breach of security"... it's not illegal to carry a stun gun.

****ed up priorities abound in this link.

I'm curious what you mean by this.

This is why I am an engineer and not a writer. And when I do write they are Documents for the guberment:n00b:.

And I like the part where the video said he picked a fight with a Marine seated next to him:patriot:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    It says he was charged with illegal possession of a stun gun.

Not standing, I don't like it but his beliefs not my call. Can't say I was there that I wouldn't feel pissy, but he is not actually effecting me so it is a get over it situation.

Talking during a moment of silence, that's not "religious grounds" (I've studied a great many and have never found one that says you can't shut your mouth) and that is effecting other around you. Now we have a problem.

Pushing through with a stun gun - jackwagon had to be TRYING to start something.

The new American dream - start crap, claim discrimination, big lawsuit!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It says he was charged with illegal possession of a stun gun.

Not standing, I don't like it but his beliefs not my call. Can't say I was there that I wouldn't feel pissy, but he is not actually effecting me so it is a get over it situation.

Talking during a moment of silence, that's not "religious grounds" (I've studied a great many and have never found one that says you can't shut your mouth) and that is effecting other around you. Now we have a problem.

Pushing through with a stun gun - jackwagon had to be TRYING to start something.

The new American dream - start crap, claim discrimination, big lawsuit!

Doesn't matter the reason, there is no law saying you must observe a moment of silence. We as a people cant start trouble with everyone who we disagree with.

If he was so annoying the people should have let him go by. Im not saying the use of a stun gun was necessary but everyone involved is culpable.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Doesn't matter the reason, there is no law saying you must observe a moment of silence. We as a people cant start trouble with everyone who we disagree with.

I agree with you, however - he is claim that he doesn't need to observe because of RELIGIOUS reasons. Yes, JW says you cannot salute and discourages showing respect for the flag but even they have moments of silence and remembrance. He not saying that it was his right to be an rude, ignorant, a$$ was violated - he's claiming he had the right to act this way because of his religious views thus he was "justified".

And then turns a stun gun on people for people being rude back to him (not allowing him easy passage out of his seat). I believe the line is "reap what you sow."

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I agree with you, however - he is claim that he doesn't need to observe because of RELIGIOUS reasons. Yes, JW says you cannot salute and discourages showing respect for the flag but even they have moments of silence and remembrance. He not saying that it was his right to be an rude, ignorant, a$$ was violated - he's claiming he had the right to act this way because of his religious views thus he was "justified".

And then turns a stun gun on people for people being rude back to him (not allowing him easy passage out of his seat). I believe the line is "reap what you sow."

There really is no "however" on the first paragraph. Doesn't matter what his reason was, he could have said the pink elephant in his mind told him to do it. He doesn't have justify being a jerk.

Basically we have a weak article and a phone video that is hard to decipher. We know he was being a jerk (perfectly legal), the people around him were pissed (perfectly legal), they did not let him pass to leave the area.

We do not know if he just went off tazing people or if he was being assaulted and used the tazer to get away.

But either way the guy is a retard who is being disrespectful, the people around him are just as guilty of escalating the whole thing by not letting him leave the area. If he was being that annoying I would be happy he was going to leave for a while.

Then the whole tazing thing went down. Id love to be on the jury of this case out of curiosity to see what really happened.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    There really is no "however" on the first paragraph. Doesn't matter what his reason was, he could have said the pink elephant in his mind told him to do it. He doesn't have justify being a jerk.

I only point to this because, as I originally said - I'm smelling a "discrimination" lawsuit. It is legal to be a jerk - ya but be ready for others to treat you in a similar manner. If A is a jerk and B is a jerk back, it's not religious discrimination, it's turn about. The fact that he is justifying his actions with his religion is my sticking point.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I hope everyone he tased sues the hell out of him and he lives the rest of his life broke and miserable.

I agree with Kitty. I might not like it, but I don't care if you don't stand for the National Anthem...But show the slightest amount of decency and keep your mouth shut you piece of ****.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Please don't get me started on Americans and Lawsuits....AHHHHHH.....One of the biggest things wrong with America today. Do something you aren't supposed to do and then file a lawsuit because you got hurt.....

Just wait, these "Undocumented Aliens" that are crossing the new border fence and getting broken bones when they fall off the top are going to sue the Federal Government for not providing a ladder.....ok, im fired up.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    The story also gained attention because his kid is a dj in NYC... his dj name, and I kid you not, is CHARLEMAGNE THE GOD. He's a hood-gangsta turd.

Crashn2me1961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Not defending either party here, but wouldn't it be as much the taser's right to talk during the silence as it would be everyone around him to voice their opinion of his right to talk? Just saying. I'm also not sure if he really felt threatened or if he were the aggressor, but maybe with all the violence at sporting events (everything from critical injuries to death where fans attack other fans), he was counting on a little sympathy.

Top Bottom