• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i have searched and some people like it and some dont. some guy on M4C found a few links connecting it being another product just re branded. some guys have said it makes cleaning much easier and doesn't allow carbon to stick, its supposed to be a CLP.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I have it on my ar and pistols and cleaning seems a little easier. I've been running them for about three months now.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I have used it off and on for about the last year. Its is ok, but it's not miracle product like the guy pushing it said. I was given a large tube for free last year about this time and once it's gone that will be it for me.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I've been using it. There's something about the action after applying the stuff. It feel smoother

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I don't know what they are talking about...I tossed a frog in the action of my AK ala the twinkie test and it didn't help one bit. Slicker, yes, but only for a few rounds. Maybe I used a toad on accident or something.

I do really use the stuff. I like it. I don't know that it runs any better than CLP or any of the others, but it smells a million times better and I don't feel like I need to use rubber gloves when I'm applying it. It's also nice that it runs "dry" so I never have to deal with it dripping on clothes or anything else for that matter. The initial application takes a bit of time as it isn't just wet it, wipe it, good night. You need to apply a bit of heat, I used a hair dryer. I also used GunScrubber to clean off the prior oil or grease, although they tell you don't need to.

I find it especially nice on my EDC...no smell or chance of oil getting on my non-range clothes.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I've got the butter and the oil starter kit. After the initial application of the butter I haven't used that container much. I'm nearly out of the lube. I like it just fine and it smells great compared to a can of ballistol I have in the garage that has the aroma of toe cheese. Does that stuff have an expiration date?
    I chose Frog Lube for the wintergreen smell more than anything. My wife appreciates that it doesn't stink up the basement when I clean my guns. I need to find a local supplier soon.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I use it and have for a couple of months or so. No complaints with it and think it works well but don't feel it is by any means revolutionary. It does seem to make cleaning a little bit easier after range trips.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I've been using it for a couple of months, so the jury is still out. But I have noticed that the curved area on the rear of the bolt no longer has carbon welded to it... I can wipe it off with a patch. :yesway: It leaves a film on the BCG but I wouldn't describe it as "slick" or "slippery."

I'm watching closely for signs of wear, if this stuff lubes as well as it makes clean up easy I'll buy more.

I'm comparing Froglube to CLP (which I've used a lot) and Slick 2000 EWL (which I'm trying on another build). So far I like both Froglube and Slick 2000 better than CLP, but it's early....

FWIW, I run my AR's pretty wet.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I am using just froglube in all of my firearms. At least a couple months, if not a year by now. Works great. Easy to wipe off for cleaning. Once you switch to it, they recommend you stay using it. Does not work well with others according to them, so I would go with what they say on that. Works fine as lube, but awesome as a cleaner. Have even switched a friends to it when they seen it in action, especially when cleaning.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    How about a comparison review?

I'd thought about that but the Slip 2000 gun is a 300 BLK 10" SBR that is still stuck in a pistol configuration, and the Froglube is an 18" 5.56mm.

So the Slip 2k hasn't been shot as much because AR pistols suck when you want it to be an SBR, and since Wolf doesn't make 300 BLK it will probably never see as many rounds as the Froglube AR. Additionally, the Wolf/Tula/steel ammo that the Froglube gun sees a lot of is dirtier than the brass ammo that the 300 BLK gets fed.

So it's a serious case of apples and oranges... I'm sure I'll form some general opinions but nothing that I could defend with any valid data. :dunno:

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    ... I'm sure I'll form some general opinions but nothing that I could defend with any valid data. :dunno:

Who needs valid data? We just need a biased review so we feel good about spending monies on Froglube. :)

That said, I bought some and have used it. I am very inexperienced compared to most but I really didn't notice much difference over the Hoppes #9 that I previously used other than the smell. I will continue to purchase it based on the smell alone. Mmmmm......

Top Bottom