Have you ever been asked to leave or kicked out of somewhere for OC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I would definately report this oppression from a "Gestapo Cop" to the police department and possibly get advice from a lawyer. This officer was attempting to intimidate you with his actions. My dad was harrassed many years ago for carrying his 1911. The officer told him that "civilians" had no business carrying firearms. He replied with something like "I was carrying this Colt in Vietnam while you were still ****tin in your diapers" The LEO didn't care for the remark but it was the truth, LOL

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    My son drew his Sig when a guy pulled a knife on his girlfriend. He had only had his permit for a few months.

The cops were more pissed at him then the kid that pulled the knife. I had a nice conversation with the Police Chief, who then had a talk with the rookie.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I was last asked at one of those shoe store outlets if I would "cover that up". I asked them why? He said "I know it's your right but it scares some people." I told him to have them come talk to me and I'd explain to them what their rights are also! He said they won't do that. I said OK then YOU explain it to them! I then told him "Look you have a choice to make do you want my money or not? I have 3 kids in here to buy shoes for school. It's your choice. You have the RIGHT to ask me to leave with my money. I have the RIGHT to open carry! Which RIGHT to YOU want to do away with?" "Well I want you to purchase here." I then turned around and continued to shop. He never said another word about it, even when HE checked us out. LOL

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Pilot off of I-69 near fortville just 10 min ago
    I was cc but my jacket was getting to hot so I took it off. And exposed my pt111
    Was pulled aside and informed that LEO was on their way and if I had a gun i better leave
    IMO I was not TOLD to leave. The manager in charge then said I had an attitude and it wasn't good and asked me why I had it I replied I just do
    He then asked if I carry it everywhere I them confirmed that I do
    He said that he doesn't see a point in carrying and that he is 46 years old and never carried a weapon a day in his life

Oh and I politely (i thought) asked if there was a sign that I might have missed. He said that wasn't the point

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I was cc but my jacket was getting to hot so I took it off. And exposed my pt111
    Was pulled aside and informed that LEO was on their way and if I had a gun i better leave
    IMO I was not TOLD to leave. The manager in charge then said I had an attitude and it wasn't good and asked me why I had it I replied I just do
    He said that he doesn't see a point in carrying and that he is 46 years old and never carried a weapon a day in his life

Oh and I politely (i thought) asked if there was a sign that I might have missed. He said that wasn't the point

Hmm, I have OCd there several times w/o an issue. Looks like I might have to stop in there again :D

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010

I fuel there often and next time I'll OC also, just for fun. They want me to leave sure I'll buy $500 worth of fuel down the road.:D

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    In Elder Beerman store in the furniture dept. about to finish writing my check for $1350 for sofa and chair when the store manager asked to speak with me around the corner. He asked that I cover up or leave my firearm out in the car. I told him I had the right and there was no sign posted but he said if not he would call the police to have me ejected from the store. I said that that's fine, walked with him back to the furniture counter and picked up my check, tearing it up in front of him and the salesman and said I would take my business else where and left the store. There loss of a $1350 sale! I later wrote the corp. office about the dumb dip stick and asked if that was store policy. No response now, and it's been 4 weeks. Thanks Elder Beerman, another store took my money and I was open carrying in that store with-out one word said, in fact I saved $154 for about the same thing...using my savings to buy more ammo.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    As I understand it it was two dumb*** truckers that reported it. To management. I didn't trust them from the second I saw them

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    many years ago, Taco Bell in Brownsburg , called the cops on me and a friend (my gun concealed his IWB not covered) , late at night, they sent in the only female police officer, while all the males stayed outside, Taco Bell did remake our food and bag it for us.
    They only wanted us to leave, but they never even bothered to ask us, they just called the cops.
    Brownsburg PD, back then all were nice and professional, she asked to see our LTCH and called it in, never once asked to see our handguns, this is the way it should always be.

deadeye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Pulaski Co.
    I have never been asked to hide or leave my gun in any stores in NWI, Its hard to believe Bass Pro and Cabelas ask anyone to leave i wouldnt ever go back there.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    As I understand it it was two dumb*** truckers that reported it. To management. I didn't trust them from the second I saw them

That's pretty rare, most truck drivers are gun owners and a lot of us carry in our trucks.There are always a few that are anti gun though.

Top Bottom