Have you ever been asked to leave or kicked out of somewhere for OC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I was ejected from Cabela's (A GUN STORE) for OC because (and I quote) "Why should we have to look at that?"
    [SIZE=-1]
    Flasher.gif

Cover it up, Mister. :D
    [/SIZE]

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Not yet, but I'm sure it will happen eventually. So far no problems in the NWI area at McDonald's, Cabelas, Walmart, Walgreens, Meijers and Sears Craftsman hardware store.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    For those having trouble with Cabelas, contact corporate. As I understand it, Cabelas follows local laws so in Indiana OC is allowed. May just need some local employees informed properly on corporate policy.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Once at the Taste of Bloomington with my gf, now wife, I walked into the beer tent and a Mall Ninja School dropout, aka Event Security, saw the pocket clip of my Spyderco Civilian and ask if I was a LEO. When I said no, he tried to tell me that I could not carry any weapons there and that I would have to take it to my car or he would call the police! I left the tent, put the knife deeper in my pocket, and went back a few minutes later and got my beer. I never got around to asking him what I should do with the Kimber on my hip.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I attempted to shop at Cirilla's in Greenwood with my girlfriend at the time and was asked to leave before I could enter the door.
    Well that sucks! I OC in Cirilla's and Exotica in Evansville with my wife all the time. Where I have had problems is at the Mall- no weapons allowed, and my friggin gun range meetings! We don't have our own clubhouse at the range so we use nearby Alcoa's clubhouse. Well even though its not posted ANYWHERE Alcoa has a no firearms policy that we must abide by even though they buy and sell guns all the time. They basically said I could carry "as long as they don't see it". I am debating about whether I am going back to the meetings or not.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I CC most of the time, but I do OC whenever it is convenient. Only place I have had problems is at a Wings Etc. in South Bend. Several years ago, I went there OC'ing. Had my pregnant wife, and 3 kids with me too. Whle waiting for a table, the manager came to me and asked if I was LEO. I said no, and he told me "guns and ammo and alcohol don't mix." I said "Well, it's a good thing I don't drink." He then said "there are families with kids in here." I took a very deliberate look at my kids, then back at him. :dunno: I went ahead and took it out to the car for that night (darn my wife and her pregnancy cravings). I still go back there occasionally, but I CC when I do.

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Bass Pro shop a few times now. Manager came up to me and asked if I would take my gun out to my car and I said no that I didnt want it stolen from my car in their parking lot and he said I would have to leave the store then and come back sometime when my gun isnt with me. He said it is against company policy. I told him to put a sign or no guns allowed sticker on the door because if it isnt posted then I can carry wherever I want to. He said if we didnt leave he would call the police. Now when I go in there IF I go in there (because of boredom) I cc . At the time I was still LEO and laughed at him as I showed him my badge.

Hahaha GarandGuy FTW!

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Well that sucks! I OC in Cirilla's and Exotica in Evansville with my wife all the time. Where I have had problems is at the Mall- no weapons allowed, and my friggin gun range meetings! We don't have our own clubhouse at the range so we use nearby Alcoa's clubhouse. Well even though its not posted ANYWHERE Alcoa has a no firearms policy that we must abide by even though they buy and sell guns all the time. They basically said I could carry "as long as they don't see it". I am debating about whether I am going back to the meetings or not.

It was the WORST! I was all too excited to get finished shopping there and get home! :D

kspa57

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Avon
    Yep 3 times so far. 1 is because me and my buddy we shooting at his farm with rifles, and then went to eat. I mwan I understand if a guy in half military(didn't want get dirty nor had other clothes to get dirty) walking in inot subway with a handgun on a side and a large rifle(H&K G3) asking for a philly cheese....Me and the police officer had a long talk about this. The other I was pulled over, not because some one seen ME, but they seen my brothers kid was plaing with a toy (it was all black and bit the orangy stuff off) gun that looked to real to some lady.....(yep a walmart 5$ toy gun...)

dr632

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 29, 2010
    Brown County
    Just a few long looks now and then when I stop for fuel and have my USPSA outside the waist holster (w/ 45) rig - never had anyone say anything to me, just looks. I mostly go cc and try to avoid stirring up all the sheeple.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Thats crazy, cabellas asked some of u to leave your gun outside of a store thats all about selling outdoor type items, as well as guns. Thats kind of like having a screen door on a submarine(its just stupid!). But it mostly just boils down to ignorence I would say, do these people not understand we have to be law abiding people to be able to even carry the gun!

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Never yet :):. But I have CCed a couple of times when I knew OC would result in me being asked to leave. Such as at the blueberry fest, no town ordinance against it, but it is a festival rule. And I'm sure I was made at the blueberry fest, the officer at the walkway in glanced down at my hip and gave me a look like I must be joking but didn't say a word. I was very lightly concealed.
    Be careful at the blueberry, just in case you didn't realize, there is an small Elementary School just east of the main food area. If your'e not from Plymouth, or depending on how you walked in, you wouldn't know the building is a school.

Top Bottom