Have you ever accidentally laughed when you see a gun price.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I personally laughed when I encountered a former USMC and he said he shoots 7.62x53...no joke. I just kind of chuckled and then looked on his facebook wall and saw that he gave personal firearm lessons. One of his calibers was.....you guessed it=7.62x53. WOW
    Maybe he shoots an old Argentine Mauser. :dunno:
    [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.65×53mm_Argentine[/url]

Well, it's the closest I know of (7.62 vs 7.65).

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    While at the 1500 I saw a remington 1911 for 669, the guy was to busy to talk to me so I walked away. Came across the same gun about 75 feet away, took a peek at the tag. $833 I laughed while showing it to my dad, he also chuckled. FUGGITABOUTIT

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Several times I have laughed. I won't hide it. Especially when someone wants way more than the firearm is worth. One I remember recently was a gun store in Indy that is ridiculed often on here for excessively high prices. I decided to check it out myself. Yowza! The prices were through the roof.

Suckers aren't born everday. Research before you buy. :draw:

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    Please tell me where......One of the local stores up for best gunshop perhaps? It is really crazy how bad some shops will try to screw you over! Oh, and I'm tired of the 'ole just trying to make a living bullcrap remark:ingo:

It happened with my good "friends" over at Midwest Gun Exchange. Needless to say, I don't do much business with them. Every once in a while they have some decent sales prices and specials, but I would rather spend my money at a store that appreciates me as a customer. We can always speak wayyyyy louder with our dollars, and Steve over at Granger Guns always takes care of me.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I used to laugh at Gander Mountain, until I realized they were serious :n00b:

They won't budge on those used prices, no matter how long they have sat in the case. Maybe that is just my experience with them

Yup, I tried to explain to them once that their price on a well worn police trade in was only $20 less than I could pay for a brand new one at any of a number of other LGS's but they didn't seem to care.:dunno:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    ^^^This^^^

"No, seriously... How much do you REALLY want for this gun?"

Come on guys, admit it. You have wanted to ask that very same question on a few threads in the classifieds here on INGO.

Yes and Ima newb :P

At the Elkhart gunshow at one point I stopped laughing and started to get a headache :ar15:

I guess at a gun show they rely on those who don't have the internet to look up a ballpark range of what some Items should cost. Or worse yet, who don't look around the gunshow floor and see what others are selling the exact same item for.

I don't mind paying full price if its reasonable on a new item, but I hate when someone is trying to sell me something used for more than what I can get it new for.

Granted it might not come with an extra used magazine or a cheap $50 scope, but its NEW and hasn't had 1000 rounds of ammo through it either.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Why sell a dirty gun? A guy once told me if you have a set of chrome rims to sell and they are in good condition, then clean and polish them real good. If they have a couple blemishes leave em dirty - you will get more than if they can see what is wrong. A lot of people will buy something with the thought it will look great with just a cleaning so I got a good deal.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Sure I have laughed at some gun prices and called my buddies over to take a look so they could have a laugh too! I also get a few laughs when I look at some of the classifieds.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I personally laughed when I encountered a former USMC and he said he shoots 7.62x53...no joke. I just kind of chuckled and then looked on his facebook wall and saw that he gave personal firearm lessons. One of his calibers was.....you guessed it=7.62x53. WOW

You do know that 7.62x53 is a Finnish variation of the 7.62x54r round, right?

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    I laughed today when my brother bought a new SR9C, not that he got a bad price, but he definitely didn't shop around.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I went into Don's a number of years ago, trying to sell/trade a gun, the clerk told me that I was asking a fair price, but no one is going to use it in a drive by. I walked out of the store and have never been back.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    went out to the rushville gunshow over the weekend

a guy had a glock22 gen2...lots of holster wear and asked 475 for it...i looked at my friend that was with me and laughed as i said check this out

then a few tables away a guy had a taurus 709 and said it was 'new' but from his private stock...he was letting it go for 500...again i had to laugh and the guy looked at me like i insulted him when i said to my friend that it was a 300 gun

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    ^^^This^^^

"No, seriously... How much do you REALLY want for this gun?"

Come on guys, admit it. You have wanted to ask that very same question on a few threads in the classifieds here on INGO.

:+1:

This is why i don't go visit Don's Guns......I am afraid I would injure myself in a fit of mirth.....:D

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Yea. Seems to be a lot of used Gen 3 Glocks going for $500+. LGS has New Glocks Gen3 for $480+ and 4s for $540+. If I want to pay that close to new, Ill buy a new one.

Top Bottom