• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    Any thoughts? Or if you have fired the RAMI and a G26 how do they compare? Not trying to start a RAMI vs. Glock 26 thread. Mainly looking for opinions on the RAMI alone. Just threw the G26 out there because I have put thousands of rounds through Glocks and want a better idea

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Never shot one. I heard they jammed, but that was when they 1st started making them. CZ probably has the kinks out of it by now.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've had both. Aside from the proportions, they are both as different as can be.

There are + and - for each of them. With the exposed hammer of the CZ, it concerns me that it may catch clothing or car seat or something. With a striker fired compact like a G26 I'm not too worried about that.

Both feel different in the hand. Both triggers are distinctly different. I prefer the RAMI at this time. I think I'll always have the RAMI, a compact Glock 26 or 30 will probably be welcomed by me again when the time is right. I'm digging the CZs more for sure. All of them.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I had a .40 RAMI for quite some time. I ended up carrying full size pistols all the time so it saw little use, so it was sold to fund other items. I did really like mine. Not a bad shooter for a small gun. Magazines were a pain to find, that was my biggest complaint. I could find them all day for the 9mm, but the .40 magazines were a different story (maybe it's better now...).

Nick White

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2021
    Bloomington
    Any thoughts? Or if you have fired the RAMI and a G26 how do they compare? Not trying to start a RAMI vs. Glock 26 thread. Mainly looking for opinions on the RAMI alone. Just threw the G26 out there because I have put thousands of rounds through Glocks and want a better idea
    I’ve put a few hundred rounds through my RAMI with the only hiccup being a magazine issue. I will say with certainty that it’s much easier to shoot than other pistols of its size. The inverted slide is small and light and having the bore axis closer to your hand reduces muzzle flip at an EXTREMELY noticeable level. It almost feels like shooting a full sized pistol even when I’m using the smaller 10 round mags.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Love my Rami ! Never had a hiccup with it.
    It's a little chunky, but no more so than a G26 in practical use / carry.

i-Zh9MbGX-L.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had heard that was the 40s.

I’ve owned a lot of CZs in .40 and some do have reliability issues. The 9mm is what CZ does best. I had a Rami for a while and it was reliable but chunky. My only dislike was the configuration that mine came with. It had shaved controls and was set up well for CC but it came with a big, sharp and snagged adjustable rear sight. The decockers came with night sights that would have made that gun perfect for CC. Had I bought the decocker originally, I’d probably still have it.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I was always interested in buying one. Just a nicely built steel gun. I'm a lefty so the drawback was that the mag release was only built for right hand shooters like the 1911's.
    They still command top dollar even in the used market.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had both & a multitude of other guns like it in size & function.
    Still have the Rami, even though I don't need it any more.
    Hard to sell a metal gun with a hammer that shoots like a bigger gun with 14 round magazine.
    That, and it's a CZ!!!

Ignore top pic of CZ Shadow 2.
    Bottom pic of Rami w/10 rd mag.
    CZ Rami & Shadow 2.jpg

Last edited:

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Necropost!

FYI the RAMI has been discontinued.

Even the 9mm is a bit finicky vs a full size CZ75. It isn't a surprise since it's a full size gun cut down rather than being designed from the ground up as a small gun; running shorter springs and shorter slide travel ALWAYS makes guns finickier and more sensitive to limp wristing and "if it can go wrong, it will"

Mine had a few malfunctions in the 1st 1-200 rounds but the last couple matches I've taken it to have all run perfect. I don't carry it because I don't have need for something that size but at this point it wouldn't bother me. I'll admit it doesn't compete with a lot of the rest of the subcompact market. It's significantly chunkier and less grippable than the hellcat, 365, or that glock thing while having less capacity (with the standard mag). Combine that with that the modern infatuation with single actions (strikers) vice DA/SA. On the upside the mags are compatible with the rest of the CZ75 family with a grip spacer so I normally carry a P01, going to the RAMI isn't much of a change

Top Bottom