Has anyone looked at the Sig 938 any comments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmason15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Grant County
    My brother in law owns a 938 extreme and he has had several issues with it. FTE is the major one. First of all they say that the gun prefers 124 grain ammunition. So we tried both 115 grain and 124 grain and had the same issues with both. After looking into it I believe that Sig has a recall on the extractors for the gun. It would be worth buying one and sending it to sig just to have it fixed. If that problem is fixed I would love to own one. After shooting it several times, I thought it shot well for a good CC gun. Hope this helps.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Update

Well, I just returned from shooting steel at Kodiak -- FUN -- and while there, put some rounds through my Mk 25, then switched to the P938. I swapped out the SD rounds for ball ammo, chambered a round, aimed and ... click. Ejected, repeat. Click. Checked the ejected rounds-- no marks on the primers.

When I got home, I disassembled it and noted that when I push on the part that the hammer strikes, nothing sticks out. I remember reading about someone who had a similar issue and his firing pin had fallen out!

Guess my Baby Sig gets boxed up and sent back after all. Harrumph. :xmad:

zstep7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    West Indianapolis
    Finally got a chance to shoot my 938 nightmare. So glad I replaced my db9 with it. Shooting federal ball 115 grain (72 rounds), 3 gold dot 115 grain and 3 135 grain hornaday cd. Not a single issue. Kick was much less than the db9. A pleasure to carry and shoot.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I called Sig on Friday and spoke with "Steve," who was wonderful. He took my info, we discussed the issue with the firing pin either not hitting the primer or not even present (I had read on SigTalk.com that at least one guy was shooting and the firing pin just fell out!), and he said that it wasn't likely an issue that could be resolved in the field.

He said that within 10 minutes I'd receive an e-mail with a FedEx return label and instructions on how to box it up. Sure enough, I printed the e-mail, boxed up the gun and hauled it off to FedEx. It should come back within 10 days or so all fixed and ready to rock.

I'll report back ...

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    My P238 has been flawless from day one, but from reading the interwebs I learned that the 238 had issues back when it first came out too.

You'd think that Sig would have learned their lesson...

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I believe Sig was feling the pressure to get the 938 out, and may have jumped the "gun" before they identified a couple of problems. Would not be the first time. I've decided to let them get those things worked out first; then I'll take a serious look at it.

matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    Thank youi

Thanks for all of the good information. I picked up one this last weekend at the Gun show. It was manufactured the first week of December, I am hoping that the problems listed in a few of the earlier one have been corrected. I am planning to take it to the range this coming week end. Thank you for all of your good input. :patriot:

Top Bottom