Has anyone looked at the Sig 938 any comments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matodd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2011
    Delphi
    I have been thinking about getting a Sig 938, If you have one what do you think about it? Would I be better off to keep mt Kahr CM9?

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I have one, and I'm very happy with it. Solid gun, I've had no trouble with it. What particularly do you want to know?

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    We have had a few in the shop , I have not had the chance to shoot one , but from just handling the weapon I must say it is on my short list of guns I want to own .:rockwoot:

Very nice piece .:ingo:

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Sorry to threadjack, but I just picked one up today in a trade. What holster are you current 938 owners using? I was planning on going IWB, but will entertain any ideas.

I have yet to shoot it, but it seems like it is going to make a nice carry piece for me.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Neat gun, and lT looks to be an alternate to a j frame as a descrete carry gun.

That said I am poor an will likely get a sheild and spend the difference on reloading components.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Sorry to threadjack, but I just picked one up today in a trade. What holster are you current 938 owners using? I was planning on going IWB, but will entertain any ideas.

I have yet to shoot it, but it seems like it is going to make a nice carry piece for me.

I have a UBG Regulator holster for OWB, and a Galco ankle holster. Today I carried IWB, and it was a leather Tagua I picked up for another gun, but worked fine.

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    Sorry to crash the thread, but is the 938 small enough to use a pocket holster with? I've been very impressed with the 238, abut have not handled the 938.

Thanks,

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    My P938 was born on Nov 17 and has been completely reliable with all ammo I've run through it (<200 rounds). According to the posts on SigTalk.com, 938s manufactured prior to sometime in October had FTF/FTE issues. Most who sent the pistols back to Sig got them fixed and report that the issues were resolved satisfactorily.

As for holsters, I first used a Remora Size 4 that I had for my Kel-Tec PF-9, but it wasn't snug enough. So, I ordered a 2B-ART and it fits great. With a sweat shield built in, the safety doesn't dig into my love handle like it did with the #4.

If you're unfamiliar with Remora holsters, you should check out their website. It's a sticky-sided, rubberized holster that stays put pretty well from pressure against your skin/clothing. I've even used mine while walking and jogging, just to see if it would stay put. It did.

Here is their website: http://remoraholsters.com/Home

If nothing else, there is a video on YouTube that's well worth watching ... I think it may have been posted on INGO elsewhere, but it bears watching again ... :-)

[ame]http://youtu.be/4izM0fiz6kk[/ame]

I have no beefs with my P938 and rely on it for EDC most days. It's a lot more comfortable to CC than my Kimber or other Sigs.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom