• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    I’m really surprised she didn’t include March 1st, 1971 - when a group of extremists actually set off a freaking BOMB inside the Capital Building. The same group, the Weather Undergound Organization (WUO), also bombed the Pentagon and a handful of other high profile targets. Wait - can't include that because:
    1. It was a far left/Marxist group. They were "mostly peaceful" because they spent more time having meetings, talking sh**, and publishing manifestos than actually setting off bombs, right?
    2. Most culprits were either not charged, or the charges were radically reduced, because the FBI got caught in all sorts of "extralegal" activities targeting various groups, including undercover involvement (leadership?) in WUO. The sins of the FBI were enough to wash away actual terrorist bombings.

Guess they better not bring that one up.

The more I look into history, the more it all seems the same. Like a game of cards - nothing's new but the way you play this hand.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ... the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce

I like this analogy, consider it stolen

The more I look into history, the more it all seems the same. Like a game of cards - nothing's new but the way you play this hand.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I hope those who gave all at The Pearl and the World Trade Center, The Pentagon, and the flight that thankfully didn't make it, all of them haunt Harris daily until her entry into the world of the damned.
    Stupid **** has no ****ing soul.....she sold that years ago. Hope she rots in Hell with the others of her party. :xmad:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Indeed we are NOT a democracy, but are instead a constitutional republic. The difference between a democracy and a constitutional republic is huge, and important.

These mother ******* constantly talking about our "democracy" believe that when you tell a lie long enough, fools will believe it.

**** these ***holes.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So is the anniversary of 6 Jan a “thing” now?

Will the comparison with other events continue?

I think I might move to a South American country and become a dictator?

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    These mother ******* constantly talking about our "democracy" believe that when you tell a lie long enough, fools will believe it.

**** these ***holes.
    I`m fed up with hearing the misnomer "American democracy", and you`re right, with so many uneducated people in the country, even some of our elected employees seemingly believe we are a democracy. They ought to have to take a test in order to run for office...

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    I think I might move to a South American country and become a dictator?

Not a bad idea... might as well get the bonuses of a Banana Republic, as opposed to just the negatives.

Since you're thinking about being a dictator, what would your policy on helicopter rides be??

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The word "insurrection" gets thrown around alot. I don't see it as applying to January 6th.

Referring specifically, to "storming the capitol", not the protest/rally beforehand:
    "Riot"? Sure.
    "Rampage"? OK.
    "Melee"? Maybe.
    "Idiocy"? Absolutely.

NOT INSURRECTION. Words have meanings. Some definitions, oddly enough, usually under insurance law:

“[T]o constitute an insurrection or rebellion…, there must have been a movement accompanied by action specifically intended to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of the inherent powers thereof.”
    Home Ins. Co. v. Davila, 212 F.2d 731, 736 (1st Cir., 1954).

nsurrection means ‘[1] a violent uprising by a group or movement [2] acting for the specific purpose of overthrowing the constituted government and seizing its powers.’”
    Pan American World Airways, Inc. v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co.,
    505 F.2d 989, 1017 (2d Cir., 1974).

“[A]n insurrection ‘must have been accompanied by action specifically intended to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of the inherent powers thereof.’”
    CIGNA Worldwide Ins. Co. v. Elegant Inc.,
    2002 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 14568, *6-7, 2002 WL 1402348 (District Del. 2002).

There was no grand plan in "storming the capitol". They were making their displeasure known in stupid ways, not trying to overthrow the government and without that, no insurrection.

I don't think the dems pearl clutching over it believe that it was an actual insurrection, but given that the media doesn't know what the word means, they may.
    This situation is yet another nail in the coffin of nuance and intellectual honesty. To the left, not believing it was an insurrection is to agree with or sympathize with these people. I don’t. They can be idiots, but not insurrectionists. The claim is that they had support and planning help from people as high up as the White House. They also acknowledge only a few firearms were located. So this was a serious attempt at an insurrection with high levels of support, but they left the most effective tools to carry out such a plan somewhere else, and had no real plan for what to do once they got in? I just can’t look at what happened that day and buy the story of this being a coordinated attack.

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Biden talking about truth and patriotism and quoting Holy Scripture. Puke.

The guy who claimed kids aren’t being trafficked across our souther border. He’s willing to turn a blind eye to kids being forced into slavery for political gain.

The guy who claimed ownership of minority voters.

I grieve for our nation.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Biden talking about truth and patriotism and quoting Holy Scripture. Puke.

The guy who claimed kids aren’t being trafficked across our souther border. He’s willing to turn a blind eye to kids being forced into slavery for political gain.

The guy who claimed ownership of minority voters.

I grieve for our nation.

obiden can burn in ****

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So is the anniversary of 6 Jan a “thing” now?

Will the comparison with other events continue?
    it is sure to be an annual commemoration from now. After all, we barely saved our democracy that day… the Dems and their propagandists in the media love it, it checks most of their boxes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    it is sure to be an annual commemoration from now. After all, we barely saved our democracy that day… the Dems and their propagandists in the media love it, it checks most of their boxes.
    They will continue to use this as a political cudgel in perpetuity. That's all they got right now. They obviously can't talk about any of their failed policies that they are currently getting a good shellacking for, so they have to keep returning to the 1/6 well.

Top Bottom